Winamp Skins: Make Winamp and Winamp Skins Transparent with Actual Transparent Window
- Make Winamp Transparent
- Actual Transparent Window Useful Links
- Winamp Useful Links
Winamp (Windows Advanced Media Player) media player is probably the best and most popular of the many media players you can find out there. Winamp is the leading high fidelity music player for Windows� that plays MP3s, MP2s, WAVs, VOCs and MIDIs and many other audio formats. It also supports attractive skins and handy plugins. It is clear why Winamp is so popular.
However if you are constanly listen music in Winamp and work with other windows at the same time you may find it useful to apply the transparency effect to your favorite media player to spice up Winamp user interface! Check out our Actual Transparent Window that will help you in solving this task.
Actual Transparent Window will make Winamp even handier and more appealing than it already is. It will create a transparency effect for Winamp player in Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/10, ranging fr om 0% (opaque) to 100% (invisible). And you can make semi-transparent the basic Winamp skin or other optional Winamp skins!
The transparency effect cannot be applied to some skins and to displaying video. Actual Transparent Window uses the transparency effect available in standard drawing mechanisms Windows provides for general windows, whereas skinned Winamp and video players use other specific mechanisms (usually DirectX functions). Therefore such windows are not 'general' in their nature, and that's why the standard transparency effect is incompatible with such windows and produces unexpected results when being applied.
You can use Actual Transparent Window to view an application window beneath Winamp by applying transparency effect. This will help you by immediately showing you what windows are open and where they are. The transparency effect also makes for a unique and very attractive appearing desktop.
With Actual Transparent Window you can give each window in Winamp a greater or smaller transparency effect! For example, you can set the transparency rate to be more or less opaque in play list, equalizer, or the main Winamp window!
- For the main Winamp window:
- For the Playlist window:
- For the Equalizer window:
Actual Transparent Window can offer you many ways, both automatic and manual, to use the transparency effect:
- Make Winamp Transparent Automatically
Actual Transparent Window lets you set individual transparency rates automatically for different Winamp windows states:
- set the initial transparency to Winamp at its startup
- change transparency to another value upon Winamp deactivation and restore the previous value when it is activated again.
- temporarily change the transparency to specified value while a Winamp window is being moved, resized or while mouse pointer hovers over it
- Make Winamp Transparent Manually
Also Actual Transparent Window provides some manual methods of choosing the desired transparency for a particular window:
- Transparency Options
And there are some transparency-related options you may find useful. They are called add-ins which means that those options are applied automatically whenever Winamp becomes transparent:
So, it is very easy to switch the transparency effect on, and this feature is very handy.Back to Top
Actual Transparent Window is a terrific add-on accessory for Winamp, it makes it even more pleasurable and user-friendly! But it doesn't stop with Winamp.
Interested? Try it out, Actual Transparent Windowis easy-to-use and very handy!
See the following links that will be your guides in getting acquainted with Actual Transparent Window:
- Actual Transparent Window Home - the official page wh ere you can download or order the risk-free version and read what other users say about Actual Transparent Window.
- Here you can find the information on how to create specific settings for Winamp or any other window.
- Winamp Home - Winamp official site. Download latest version, skins, plugins and component directory.
- Winamp 5.x official site - Winamp 5.x official site. Download latest 5.5 version, find skins and plugins for Winamp 5.x.
- Alternative Winamp 5.x download page
- 1001 Winamp skins - One of the best Winamp skins directory. There are a lot of skins categories: anime, cool, celebrity, hi-fi, games and many others.
- Winamp forums - More than 85000 registered members. More than 85000 threads. More than 600000 posts.
Check out our articles. There you will find many other examples of applying transparency effect, new title buttons and other features that will surely make your life easier!
This article describes how you can stay on top any system dialogs such as 'Add/Remove Programs', 'System Properties', 'Time/Date Properties' and doesn't allow other windows to hide it partially or completely.
Learn how to split the desktop (either single- or multi-monitor) into multiple non-intersecting areas for better windows allocation.
Split your desktop into well-defined areas to keep your windows in a strict order.
Actual Window Manager can be used to solve many problems and is really multifunctional, but in this article we will enlighten one very interesting and convenient feature
Learn how to apply advanced Actual Tools features to skinned Windows Media Player window that has no title bar (and, thus, there are no extra Actual Tools buttons).
Microsoft Outlook is the most famous e-mail client all over the world and millions of people use it every day at home and in their offices. But despite of these facts we can improve our Microsoft Outlook!
Learn how to create a desktop profile for multiple monitor desktop for quick switching between settings.
Actual Window Manager allows you to improve the mouse management in Windows 8 using many additional features.
The Stay Always-on-Top feature brings the window to the top of the desktop and doesn't allow other windows to hide it.
Step by step guide to installing a slideshow mode on dual monitor.