Improved Mouse Management in Windows 8
Most PC users use a mouse in their work. However, there are situations when the mouse functionality is not sufficient or the required features have not been implemented in Windows 8. In this case, users employ third-party software.
Actual Window Manager allows you to improve the functionality of the mouse by adding additional features to Windows 8. All of the additional features are divided to the three sections, depending on their purpose.
The first section is called Actions. In this section, you can set hotkeys to improve window management using the mouse buttons. Among them are such actions as close a window, minimize a window to the system tray, roll up a window, move a window to the next monitor, maximize a window, etc.
The second section is called Drag and Scroll. There are only 3 features in this section.
- Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing. You can move or resize a window, holding the mouse pointer on any part of the window, not only on the title bar.
- Scroll inactive windows with the mouse wheel. You can scroll any inactive window with the mouse wheel if the mouse pointer is above the desired window at that moment.
- Drag the mouse to scroll windows. This feature allows you to scroll windows with the help of the Hand tool (like in Adobe Reader, for example). It means you can scroll windows by dragging the mouse pointer if you keep the required mouse button pressed.
The third section is called Multiple Monitors. This section contains only 7 features, which allows you to improve the multi-monitor management on your PC.
- Move mouse to the next monitor. This hotkey immediately moves the mouse pointer to the next display.
- Move mouse to the previous monitor. This hotkey immediately moves the mouse pointer to the previous display.
- Move mouse to the primary monitor. This hotkey immediately moves the mouse pointer to the primary display.
- Highlight the new mouse location. If you move the mouse pointer with the help of one of the three above ways, it will be highlighted at the end of the movement.
- Lock mouse in the monitor. This feature makes the boundaries of the current monitor impassable and the mouse pointer cannot leave this display.
- Tight monitor boundaries. You can set the time delay before the mouse pointer will cross the boundary between monitors.
- Wrap the desktop. After activation of this feature, horizontal or vertical (or both) boundaries will be opened. It means the mouse pointer can cross any boundary of the extended desktop and exit on the opposite side.
Actual Window Manager includes many tools that improve Windows 8 functionality, for example, Virtual Desktop, Desktop Divider, Multiple Monitor, etc. You can read about multiple monitor tools in the “Windows 8: Better Alternative to a Native Multi-Monitor Taskbar” article.
Actual Window Manager can increase Tablet PC productivity and consequently increase yours!
Learn how to create a desktop profile for multiple monitor desktop for quick switching between settings.
Make the Work with Multiple Displays More Comfortable and Efficient with the Actual Multiple Monitors Software
Play games or watch fullscreen video on one display and do anything else on other display at the same time with the Actual Multiple Monitors software.
Actual Window Manager presents a great variety of functions for working in Microsoft Word. By using them, you will be able to decrease the time you usually waste on switching between windows of different documents, keep your desktop in order and work much quicker.
Such innovative functions as Make Transparent, Stay Always-on-Top, Minimize to Tray etc. will make your work with Adobe Acrobat Reader much easier and more productive.
Use Multiple Monitors and Actual Window Manager software to solve problems in working with clients.
Learn how to split the desktop (either single- or multi-monitor) into multiple non-intersecting areas for better windows allocation.
The new version of Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors provides long-awaited features - Windows 10 support, Quick Setup Wizard, Compact View for Additional Title Buttons, etc.
In this article you'll learn one of the most popular configuration for dual monitors.
Standard Windows system menu is rather convenient and easy to get to (right mouse button click on window title bar), but sometimes it is not enough.