New Selector for the Move to Monitor Title Button
The release of Actual Multiple Monitors 8 includes many features requested by users. An improved selector for the “Move to Monitor” title button was also included in this release. Let us look at the improvements in detail.
As you may remember, the old “Move to Monitor” title button allowed you to move a window to the next monitor. Moreover, this button works in two modes:
- A click of the left mouse button moves a window to the next monitor.
- A click of the right mouse button opens the selector, which allows you to select the monitor to move.
The improvements only affect the second work mode. Now, the right-click to the “Move to Monitor” title button opens the improved selector. This selector allows you to manage the moving window with several additional features:
- You can move the window just click to one (of nine) pre-set positions for a window before it is moved to the desired monitor. These positions are marked by green squares.
- You can move the window by dragging a preview of the window in the selector window. Thus, hold the left mouse button on the window preview and drag it to desired position on desired monitor. In this case, you will see the window preview also on the appropriate display. Snap and Aero Snap are also work in this preview window.
- You can move the window just click to the desired monitor. In this case, the window will be moved to the selected monitor into the same position.
Use of this selector allows you to forget about the manual dragging of the window to desired position or to desired monitor. Thus, the button is now more functional and convenient. We hope these features will help you in your work with multiple monitors.
Do not forget that any of your requests may be included in the next version of Actual Multiple Monitors. To propose a feature, use the Feature Request page.
There is a feature, which allows you to split the dual monitor desktop of Windows 8 to several non-intersecting areas for placing windows. This feature called "Desktop Divider".
How to Setup Dual Monitor.
Desktop Divider is the new feature of Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors. Here you can find some interesting examples of when this feature can be really useful.
Lear about how to put a fully functional Recycle Bin on your taskbar
Actual Tools released the new slideshow screen saver for Actual Multiple Monitors and Actual Window Manager. This screen saver allows setting own slideshow, instead the default screen saver for each monitor separately.
Get the fully featured Windows 7 Taskbar on a second monitor with Actual Multiple Monitors.
New title buttons can help you vastly improve your work with MSN/Windows Messenger! Using Actual Title Buttons you will be able to add new Minimize Alternatively, Stay Always-on-Top, Make Transparent, Roll Up and other title buttons to MSN/Windows Messenger windows .
Multiple monitor support in Windows 8.1 contains only several new features, including a limited multi-monitor taskbar. This is not enough to make work with several displays convenient. That is why Actual Multiple Monitors provides a large set of different tools improving multiple-monitors environment. This is a best alternative to the native Windows 8.1 multiple monitor support.
Get a better control on StarCraft 2 in a multiple displays environment with Actual Multiple Monitors.
Advantages of using Visual Studio 2010 in combination with Actual Multiple Monitors.