Auto-text functionality in Actual Window Manager
inserting text or code snippets made easy
- Introducing Clipboard Templates
- What do I need to paste phrases for?
- How to set up Clipboard Templates in Actual Window Manager
- How to paste a phrase or a snippet using Clipboard Templates
The new version of Actual Window Manager has acquired a completely new autotext feature - Clipboard Templates. It allows you to quickly paste previously input phrases or text snippets into text fields of any application window with keyboard shortcuts.
You might find Clipboard Templates hugely time-saving and useful, if your everyday affairs include typing the same phrases time and time again.
Autotext is useful for:
- customer service representatives,
- software developers, web designers and other codeheads,
- anyone else who has to type similar bits of text repeatedly in their workflow.
Text snippets might be:
- data for filling out forms (your name, email, address etc.),
- routinely used fragments of code (PHP, HTML, Java or anything else),
- command line phrases,
- selectively used parts of email or forum message templates,
- anything that you have to type time after time.
First off, you need to enable the feature and create some templates.
- Open your Actual Window Manager Configuration Center (Win+C or double-click the Actual Window Manager tray icon).
- Go to Clipboard -> Templates.
- Mark the Enable clipboard templates checkbox
- Assign a Key Combination. It will be used to invoke the Clipboard Templates context menu.
- Click the button to create a new group or template.
- Change the default Template or Group name to something reasonable.
- Fill your text snippet in the template text field.
- Create as many Templates as you need. You can copy already created templates using this button.
- Apply your adjustments. You are all set to use the created Clipboard Templates. You can add new templates or groups and manage the existing ones at any time later.
If you have to deal with a lot of Clipboard Templates in your daily routine, there are some features you might find even more time-saving:
- You can place Templates or Groups into Groups.
- To invoke only a certain part of your Clipboard Templates list, you can assign a separate key combination for each Group.
- To re-order items in the Templates tree, you can drag them with a mouse. To place an item into a certain group, hold the Shift button while dragging it.
- Make sure the Clipboard Templates feature is enabled, the Template you want to paste is created and the Key Combination is defined.
- Place a cursor into the desired position and press either the general Clipboard Templates Key Combination or a relevant Templates Group individual hotkey.
- Choose the desired template from a pop-up menu using your mouse or relevant alphanumeric hotkeys ('0' for the last used template). The template will be pasted immediately.
We hope that Clipboard Templates can help you enhance your daily productivity, letting you achieve your goals faster and make your life a tiny bit better. We would be grateful for any feedback on Clipboard Templates!
Clipboard Templates feature originated from users’ feature requests. You can propose your own feature on the Feature Request page and it will definitely be considered.
Split your desktop into well-defined areas to keep your windows in a strict order.
Get the full power of your multi-monitor configuration with Actual Tools!
Step by step guide to installing a slideshow mode on dual monitor.
Best software to get full control of startup windows.
No matter if you use standard Microsoft Windows Calculator, scientific or a math one, Actual Window Manager will be an excellent helper in simplifying your work.
Do you still turn off unused monitors manually? Use the new feature of Actual Multiple Monitors to run screensavers on unused displays automatically or by the hotkey combination.
There is a feature, which allows you to split the dual monitor desktop of Windows 8 to several non-intersecting areas for placing windows. This feature called "Desktop Divider".
If you usually switch to another application and work with it, while the offline browser is doing its job, it may be very convenient to minimize the program to the system tray or to any place of your screen and save taskbar space.
Microsoft Outlook is the most famous e-mail client all over the world and millions of people use it every day at home and in their offices. But despite of these facts we can improve our Microsoft Outlook!
Actual Tools released the new slideshow screen saver for Actual Multiple Monitors and Actual Window Manager. This screen saver allows setting own slideshow, instead the default screen saver for each monitor separately.