Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Multiple monitor switching » on forum: General   Views: 11813

Richard Maguire

Posted: 04/08/2007 12:54:50

I was jsut wondering if actual window can help me with this small problem I have. I swith a lot between dual monitors and one monitor + tv (to watch movies and stuff).....but everytime I go back to dual monitors I have to move my taskbar and my windows to the monitor I want them while I play games on the main one. I know I can set the one I want my windows on to be the primary one but then I can't get my game to start on the other one :S

So I guess what I'm asking is, will the switching of monitors stuff up the settings of actual window? like..if I have outlook going to monitor BenQ....then that monitor is gone when I switch to tv....

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/09/2007 05:34:51

Hello Richard,

What program do you apply (Window Manager, Window Guard)? Normally you can move windows across monitors:  http://www.actualtools.com/windowmanager/help/features/titlebuttons.php#movetomonitor Another question is: how many monitors does your system see. It is important because if your system sees 1 monitor - Outlook will stay as it is (without any problem), if it sees 2 monitors, Outlook will go to the tv.

Richard Maguire

Posted: 04/10/2007 09:41:05

Ummm I don't currently use any programs to manage windows....unless you count enabling dualview using my nvidia control panel? I know you can drag windows between monitors etc....and my video card can only display on one or two monitors at a time not 3....

So normally I have two lcd's on my desk which I use dualview on....then when I want to watch DVDs etc in my family room tv, I just ran the cable from my video card to the tv and enable 'clone' mode, thereby turning off one of the lcds.

But when I switch back to two lcds, all the windows and my task bar will be on one monitor, I have to drag the windows to the correct monitor and close them, then windows will remember their positions. What I want is a tool that remembers where I have my windows when I use clone mode and where I have them when I switch to dualview.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/12/2007 04:23:25

Hello Richard,

Please install the latest available beta version of Actual Window Manager which you can find here: http://www.actualtools.com/beta/. There is the function called "Layout keeper" (right-click the icon on the tray/Windows Layout/Keep automatically). I think this tool will help you.

Richard Maguire

Posted: 04/17/2007 01:35:52

"Currently beta versions of the following products are available for download:

No beta versions available. "

:?:  

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/17/2007 02:26:01

The latest beta 3 of Actual Window Manager 4.4 has expired last Sunday (April 15). So now please try the release version 4.4.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register