New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Actual Window Manager 5.2 beta 2 is available! , New Quick Settings feature, improved Multi-monitor Taskbar » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 34964

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/19/2008 14:06:34

Actual Tools has released the 2nd beta version of Actual Window Manager 5.2.

This beta introduces the new usability feature - Quick Settings dialog. Also it has some improvements for the recently presented Multi-Monitor Taskbar feature. Here is the list of the most noticeable updates (the full list of changes is available here):

[*] Quick Settings dialog

This new feature is an attempt to provide the quick and convenient access to most Actual Tools window management features in consolidated summarized view. Using the Quick Settings dialog you can quickly set up window's appearance (including its position, size, transparency, etc.), spending virtually a single click for each property! You can activate the Quick Settings dialog for a certain window either via clicking the middle mouse button on desired window's caption or via pressing the special hotkey (
Code
Win+Q
by default) when the desired window is active. You can close this dialog as in any conventional manner as simply clicking anywhere outside of it.

Note You can use the Quick Settings dialog even with windows that were excluded from normal processing and can't be processed in regular manner.

[*] Minor improvements

- the Multi-Monitor Taskbar feature, introduced in previous beta, has been improved (the following features have been implemented):

--- the emulation of Start button on each secondary taskbar

--- flashing of taskbar buttons for windows that are about to become active

--- correct hiding of secondary taskbar when some window goes full-screen on that taskbar's monitor

--- adjusting Multi-Monitor Taskbar options via secondary taskbar's context menu

--- displaying of thumbnail previews in Windows Vista Aero Glass

- the title buttons now look native in Windows Vista Aero Glass.

[*] Minor bugfixes

- now the Virtual Desktops feature correctly handles the tool windows of Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Adobe Flash CS3 when switching between desktops.

- now the Virtual Desktops feature correctly reacts when using the
Code
Win+D
system hotkey.

Note As usual, I would like to remind that due to our beta-testing policy our beta versions have an expiration date after which they can't be used. Also, due to their nature, beta versions can't be registered, even with a valid registration data: they are not final products but betas! So when the beta version expires you should either roll back to the last stable release, update your beta to a new one (if available), or upgrade to a new stable release (if available).
The beta 2 of Actual Window Manager 5.2 will expire on November 1, 2008.

You can download it here.

I strongly recommend to install this beta into a separate folder (for example, "C:\Program Files\Actual Window Manager 5.2 beta 2") so you could easily roll back to any previous version.

FlyingHorse

Posted: 09/19/2008 17:10:16

Glad to see the title buttons look native for Vista Aero Glass.

Haven't used AWM in a year and a half. It's good to be back :D  

Best regards,
FlyingHorse

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 09/23/2008 09:36:51

Have to say, that Quick Settings menu is pretty sweet!

Small error that I notice, pressing mouse third button on the title bar of a program on the secondary monitor pops up the quick settings menu on monitor 1 instead of monitor 2.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/23/2008 22:21:16

Matt,

Great thanks for your feedback! The described issue will be fixed in the upcoming release.

We'd like to make the Quick Settings feature as useful and convenient-to-use as possible so please provide us any ideas regarding this subject. Thank you!

Velason

Posted: 09/23/2008 23:57:50

Great job!!!The improvements on the secondary taskbar are awesome!

There is a small bug, when I click the Start button on the secondary taskbar, the Start button on the main taskbar will flash quickly once. And it often get stuck when clicked on.

Velason

Posted: 09/24/2008 00:09:42

btw there is a shareware Ultramon which emulates system features perfectly, you should try.  :D  

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/24/2008 01:56:27

Velason,

Thank you very much for your feedback! Please specify your version of Windows (including service pack info and platform - 32 or 64-bit).

And do you really believe that we heard nothing about Ultramon till this moment? ;)

Velason

Posted: 09/24/2008 04:01:49

System: Win2003 SP2 32-bit

The secondary taskbar doesn't work smoothly on my pc. Here are two more bugs:
1. The new feature of flashing of taskbar buttons, an flashing button remains orange color though I've click on it to view the window.

2. I switch an IE7/FlashFxp window to the secondary screen, the button move to the secondary taskbar normally, but after a while, the button will slip back to the main taskbar while its window is still in the secondary screen. The button will always be in the main taskbar from then on, no matter where its window is (AWM 5.2 beta1).
This bug seems to be solved in beta2, I click on the button which is not in the right position, it'll go to the right taskbar immediately. :cry:

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/29/2008 01:19:08

Thanks for another feedback.

1. The new feature of flashing of taskbar buttons, an flashing button remains orange color though I've click on it to view the window.

Please specify does this happen with any window or with some particular kind of windows?

This bug seems to be solved in beta2, I click on the button which is not in the right position, it'll go to the right taskbar immediately.

Sorry it seems that I not entirely understand your description. Does the mentioned problem arise with 5.2 beta 2? Is it consistent or intermittent?

Thanks!

Neil

Posted: 10/14/2008 21:43:10

5.2 rocks - this is one slick package. However...

Just like the beta that preceded it, 5.2 doesn't seem to work (on my system at least) if WindowBlinds (current version) is running. I can't find anything in the Event Manager that might help you, but perhaps try it yourselves.

Best regards

Neil

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login