Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Multiple Monitor remembering after off/on » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 995

Joe Brunet

Posted: 08/01/2023 03:23:51

Is there a way to remember the position of a window when a monitor is turned off and back on with Multiple Monitors?

Here's our problem: we have two monitors; the top runs Chrome and the bottom runs Firefox. If the bottom monitor is turned off, we want the monitor on the top to stay exactly how it was; displaying Chrome. If the bottom monitor is turned back on, we want to show Firefox on the bottom again. We want the same case to be true if the monitors are turned off in any permutation of top & bottom.

The Multiple Monitors documentation suggests that this is possible by setting Windows Settings -> Specific Settings -> Startup to 'Move to monitor' but it does not consistently work. Am I missing a configuration step?

Using Actual Multiple Monitors 8.15, Windows 10 64-bit

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/01/2023 23:58:40

Joe,

The Bind the layout to the desktop geometry option suits better to the described situation, please try it out.

Joe Brunet

Posted: 08/02/2023 03:19:44

Thanks for the reply Alex.

I do not have the bottom two checkboxes in my version, are those required for this to work?

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/04/2023 01:08:47

The short answer is "no, they aren't".

As explained here, our User Manual "describes the totality of features fully available in Actual Window Manager only. Other Actual Tools products contain the limited set of features so please while reading the particular feature's description turn your attention to the list of products where this feature is available."

I suppose you're using Actual Multiple Monitors that doesn't have features related to the bottom two checkboxes. But, as I already said, they are not required, they relate to another similar feature that's not useful in your case.

Joe Brunet

Posted: 08/04/2023 21:13:20

In that case, I don't think the Bind the layout to the desktop geometry option is working for this situation. Do the monitors need to be the same model for this to work?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/11/2023 00:20:39

Hello, Joe

Could you clarify what exactly happens when you use the option "Bind the layout to the desktop geometry"? Is the Firefox window not placed to the bottom monitor when you enabled it?

we want the monitor on the top to stay exactly how it was; displaying Chrome
Do you need Firefox to not be displayed on the top monitor in this case?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register