Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Clipboard Paste not working , Clipboard Paste not working » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5323

Robert Snow

Posted: 08/27/2019 23:41:11

>>first - to invoke a menu with the list of snippets, second - to select the snippet required at the moment<<
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I have 8 items in my Clipboard Templates. No matter what I do I cannot figure out how to paste 1 of the items to my text document.

Also, I was a bit confused by the name "Clipboard Templates". I thought that might be something that would take 9 numbers, for example, and add the - if I had selected them and hit some kind of a hotkey.

But again my major problem is trying to paste 1 of the items that I have on the Clipboard Template.

Also, my Clipboard History does not always display the history. It also does not taste the selected item when it does show up. So in both cases, I cannot paste the item into the text editor. I tried several different text editors with the same results.
Bob

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/28/2019 20:37:40

Robert,

Please specify the version of your copy of Actual Window Manager.

Also, please answer the following questions:

1) are you able to invoke the Clipboard Templates context menu by clicking its assigned key combination?

2) are you able to insert any of other templates you currently have (besides the problem one)?

Thank you!

Robert Snow

Posted: 08/28/2019 23:32:14

>>Actual Window Manager 8.14.1<<

1. Yes, when I execute the hotkeys the cursor in my text file stops Blinking as my template appears with my 8 useful phrases that I use from time to time. As I click on one of them so it will paste it into the document the template disappears in my cursor starts to blank again. Nothing was pasted to the document.

2. I only use one template.

3. The history window does not appear when I use the hotkeys.
Bob

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/29/2019 19:04:16

Hello, Robert

Is it acceptable for you to share the phrases templates with us? If yes, then could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool so that we could try to figure out what causes the problem (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." email address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic to the email.

Could you do a little test and try to paste the rest of 8 templates? Are they pasted correctly? Specify what exactly clipboard templates you have this problem with.

The history window does not appear when I use the hotkeys.
Does it appear when you try to open it via the extra title button? Are you able to paste from the Clipboard History?

Best regards.

Robert Snow

Posted: 08/30/2019 02:51:58

Unfortunately, I just removed the program for my computer. It was a bit over my head. I had tried to use 1 of the functions on 1 of my program Windows. The top bar that had a few of your options on it. I thought it was going to position the selected window to my upper right corner of the monitor.
Unexpected to me, everything that I opened ended up in the upper right corner of my monitor. And everything was about 2" x 2" and I had to squeak in to maybe click on something. That was a bit scary. But the possibilities of your program really look good but I believe it's over my head and I go back to the Atari. That's a pretty long time.
Bob

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/18/2019 14:00:56

Hello, Robert

Sorry for the delay.

If you decide to return to Actual Window Manager some time we could help you with the settings. It seems that the settings of the program just should be adjusted the right way in your system. Let us know if you need help.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register