Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Several issues on Vista make it impossible to run the system smoothly » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7173

Timo Gockel

Posted: 01/26/2008 06:25:30

I have been testing the demo of Window Manager for 5 days without any issues. I was so amazed by your software I purchased it. But now 2 days after my purchase I already think it was a bad investment because now issues start.

These issues simply make it impossible to work with Vista smoothly. When Window Manager is running my system crashes frequently. It is like the ghost mode is activated for the whole system. I can move the mouse but nothing reacts to my clicks. Even the task manager cannot be run. The only option left is to reboot. Once again: this does never happen when Window Manager is not running.

Another problem I have got with the sidebar. Eventhough I created an exception Window Manager still seems to effect it. It is misplaced to the right by the size of one sidebar. (See attached image for details)

I already stopped running the software because of these issues.

Timo Gockel

Posted: 01/27/2008 18:00:43

I have been playing around a little bit and figured out that both erros only occur when I have a flag for the option "start with windows". When I start Window Manager manually after Vista has booted, everything works fine. Does anybody else have the same problem?

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/28/2008 00:53:21

Timo,

Please specify your report:
- System crash issue. Does it happen after some specific steps? After startup of some specific programs or something else?
- Sidebar problem. Try to temporarily disable  Windows Layout tool. Does it help?  

Timo Gockel

Posted: 01/28/2008 13:07:29

Michael Rezvanov wrote:
- System crash issue. Does it happen after some specific steps? After startup of some specific programs or something else?

No. I never did the same thing this problem occured. The only similarity is that it happened five to minutes after system startup.

- Sidebar problem. Try to temporarily disable  Windows Layout  tool. Does it help?                                                          

Yes, this did not the job. Thanks.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/28/2008 23:33:11

- System crash issue

Please specify what third-party applications are currently installed on your machine. It could be great if you could test it on another machine (if you have such an opportunity, of course).

Yes, this did not the job

Hmm...  :)  please clarify: 1) Windows Layout resolves the issue 2) Windows Layout doesn't resolve the issue.  

Timo Gockel

Posted: 01/29/2008 11:01:25

Michael Rezvanov wrote:

- System crash issue

Please specify what third-party applications are currently installed on your machine. It could be great if you could test it on another machine (if you have such an opportunity, of course).

I got a lot of third-party applications on my laptop. I cannot name them all. Here are those I use most frequently:

Firefox
Outlook 2007
Napster
Lastfm
NapsterScrobbler
TotalCommander
MSN Live Writer
Camfrog
PSPad
Paint .NET

Hmm...    please clarify: 1) Windows Layout resolves the issue 2) Windows Layout doesn't resolve the issue.                                                          

I am sorry, it was late yesterday. I mean it solved the issue. It seemed to solve both issues. Eversince the first issue did not happen any more.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/29/2008 21:58:20

OK, thanks for your reply. Please make sure the system crash doesn't happen any more and provide us with the results of your test.  

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register