Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «How to save window size and position in AMM? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5796

Mike Wells

Posted: 02/24/2018 00:21:35

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how to save app window size and positions in AMM. I am not just snapping 4 apps to the 4 corners of my second monitor, I have Teams and Slack taking up half of my monitor, each even spaced, and that's fine. But on the right hand side, Outlook takes up about 90% of the height, and the software we use for phone tree management takes up the rest(About 2 1/2 inches or so). What I'd like is that when I open these, they go to those spots, which kinda/sorta happens. I believe Slack And Teams do just fine, each takes up 1/4 of the total screen, nestled vertically nice and comfy on the left side of the screen. However, I have to manually resize Outlook every time, and place the Contact Center call software at the top. I'm assuming that Actual Multiple Monitors has some kind of "Remember this position and size" setting, I'm just not sure what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/10/2018 04:11:36

Hello, Mike

I'm trying to figure out how to save app window size and positions in AMM.
Unfortunately, the features that do exactly what you're talking about - "Save position on exit" and "Save size on exit" - are not presented in Actual Multiple Monitors. The features are presented in other our products: our main product, that contains all the features presented in our products - Actual Window Manager, and also in Actual Window Guard.

But in this situation you may not need to actually save the position and size of windows on exit. It seems like the "Put into Divider tile at startup" option can suit your needs. You can use the Desktop Divider feature and adjust the tile layout in accordance with areas where you need the windows to be placed, and then specify for each window/program a tile where it will be placed on startup. You need to specify this in specific settings for the window/program in the AMM configuration module (Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for particular window/program > Startup tab > Put into divider tile). If there is no specific settings for the program, you need to create them first.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register