Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «TidyTabs and Actual Virtual Desktops , TidyTabs vanishes when switching back to Actual Virtual Desktop Pane » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6181

Gary Rosner

Posted: 11/08/2017 05:16:21

I use a little utility program called TidyTabs (https://www.nurgo-software.com/products/tidytabs). When I switch back to a AVD pane containing my grouped TidyTabs, all but one window in the group vanish and the tidytabs also dissapear. The only time I see issues is when using AVD. Any ideas? Can this be fixed?
Does Actual Tools provide a similar capability that I may not be aware of?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/08/2017 19:19:17

Hello, Gary

When I switch back to a AVD pane containing my grouped TidyTabs, all but one window in the group vanish and the tidytabs also dissapear.
I was able to reproduce the problem as you describe it only in Windows 7: when I switch to the desktop with windows grouped by TidyTabs, I'm able to see only one window of the group and there are no tidytabs on it. But they appear as soon as I click the window's titlebar. Can you confirm this behavior?

all but one window in the group vanish
Could you clarify this? As I understand, TinyTabs shows only one window of the group at a time?

In Windows 10 problem appears bit different: it's either impossible to switch to other desktop, or TidyTabs crashes.

Do you have this problem in Windows 10? Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Also tell, whether the problem depends on windows of what application the group consists of?

Does Actual Tools provide a similar capability that I may not be aware of?
Actual Window Manager has the Tabbed Explorer feature, which lets group Windows Explorer windows within tabbed container. For now it only works with Explorer windows.

Gary Rosner

Posted: 11/08/2017 23:29:57

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Do you have this problem in Windows 10? Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

I am using Windows 10 - Microsoft Windows Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.674)

In Windows 10, I can switch to another Actual Virtual Desktop. On the return to the previous AV desktop, TidyTabs grouping is removed and the windows are overlayed on each other. By clicking on the tiny icon in the switcher, the correct windows will come foreward in the z-order stack. However, tidytab groups are removed.

To further illustrate this issue, I have posted an brief video here: https://youtu.be/CZI1F1xoaug

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/10/2017 18:32:51

Gary,

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Could you send us your AVD configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please add a link to this topic to the email.

What version of TidyTabs are you running?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register