Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Taskbar Icon bug w/ specific settings » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 17752

Adam Pennington

Posted: 11/14/2016 05:11:07

I've set up specific settings on a window which is a sub window of a parent program. The window is automatically resized and positioned when opened.
Most of the time, when the window is opened, no taskbar icon appears for it (it's parent program's icon is there). If I click on the parent icon, the icon in question will suddenly appear. Now I can minimize or click off of the specific settings window without issues. If I don't click on the parent icon first, and just minimize or click off of the specific settings window, the window disappears. It can only be brought back up by ALT tab or Windows TAB. I have tried tinkering with all settings under the taskbar and minimize sections, to no avail. What am I missing?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/14/2016 18:44:50

Hello, Adam

What OS are you running (name, 32- or 64-bit)?

What our product are you running (name, version)?

What program (name, version) and what exactly sub window do you have the problem with?

Does it happen on the system taskbar or on our program's taskbar?

Best regards.

Adam Pennington

Posted: 11/15/2016 00:18:00

Windows 7 64 bit
Actual Window Manager, latest version
Wonder Lister, listing template editor
System taskbar

I have created a screen video showing the behavior. You'll notice that the first time I open the window in the video, the taskbar icon is correctly created (this hardly ever happens, maybe 5% of the time). The next time I open it, no icon is created, and when I minimize, the window disappears (it does the same thing if I click off of the window onto the desktop as well). The video can be seen here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBiDx2kJGpeekNuSHRXNzlTYW8/view?usp=sharing

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/20/2016 00:52:56

Adam,

What version of Wonder Lister are you running?

Adam Pennington

Posted: 11/22/2016 08:01:38

Latest version (01.03.201)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/30/2016 17:51:39

Hello Adam,

Could you send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) with the Specific Settings for the Wonder Lister's window and attach a link to this thread to the message that will be automatically generated?

Adam Pennington

Posted: 12/01/2016 02:17:37

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBiDx2kJGpeczhqTUhoOVBvNkE/view?usp=sharing

You can go to this link, and select the down arrow at the top right of the screen to download the configuration files. I don't have an email program set up for sending to tech support.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/01/2016 18:12:29

Adam,

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the problem. Could you follow these steps:
1. Start Actual Window Manager;
2. Open the Log window (read more - https://www.actualtools.com/windowmanager/help/userinterface/console.php ) and enable logging;
3. Start Wonder Lister and reproduce the problem;
4. Provide us a screenshot of the Log window entries.

Please also check whether the problem persists after disabling the following options or not:
1. Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> Specific Settings 1 -> Minimizing tab -> Via title button;
2. Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> Specific Settings 1 -> Startup tab -> Resize;
3. Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> Specific Settings 1 -> Startup tab -> Align;
4. Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> Specific Settings 1 -> Startup tab -> Block premature appearance of windw.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register