[ANN] Actual Window Manager 5.0 beta 5 is available!
Dear John Smith,
I'm glad to inform you that our Beta-Testing section is updated: we have released Actual Window Manager 5.0 beta 5.
Due to some internal reasons, the release of 5.0 final has been postponed to the beginning of next year. So this beta is our final attempt to polish the program as much as possible: find and fix most of bugs and incompatibilities, improve user interface usability and get as much as possible feedback on our new features (btw, we are still waiting for your reports on different ways of applying Actual Tools features to command prompt windows!). Thank you all who helps us make our product better!
Here is the short list of updates (the full list of changes is available here):
Internal auto-arrangement of Specific Settings
This feature should make the use of our programs even more intuitive and easier. Now each Specific Settings rule has its own preference rank calculated automatically and used by the Control Center for the automatic internal arrangement of those rules so from now user has much less necessity to care about keeping the correct rules' order. To get more information on this feature, please, refer to the "Principles of Operation -> Target Window -> Preference Rank" Help article.
some minor improvements
- now you can include key combinations involving the special <Win> key into macro sequences
- now you can specify custom alignment position in the "Alignment" submenu
- both Control Center's and Configuration Module's memory consumption is optimized
some minor bugfixes
- the constant CPU utilization by the Configuration Module application is fixed
- the bug is fixed: title buttons were painted twice in Vista Aero after restoring a window minimized to tray
- the bug is fixed: title buttons appeared displaced in Windows Media Player in Vista Aero
- the bug is fixed: moving a maximized window to another monitor, then minimizing it (optionally), then restoring it led to appearance of window on the initial monitor
- now command prompt windows correctly appear in the "Unhide" menu when minimized to tray
Note As usual, I would like to remind that due to our beta-testing policy our beta versions have an expiration date after which they can't be used. Also, due to their nature, beta versions can't be registered, even with a valid registration data: they are not final products but betas! So when the beta version expires you should either roll back to the last stable release, update your beta to a new one (if available), or upgrade to a new stable release (if available).
The beta 5 of Actual Window Manager 5.0 will expire January 15, 2008.
So we invite you to visit our Beta-Testing section and check this new beta on your own. Please post your bug reports and new feature suggestions to our Beta-Testing forum, all your posts will be necessarily answered and considered. Many thanks in advance for your help!
Handy Tools for Windows! Make your day-to-day Windows activities easier and more productive!