[ANN] Actual Window Manager 5.0 beta 3 is available!
Dear John Smith,
I'm glad to inform you that our Beta-Testing section is updated: we have released Actual Window Manager 5.0 beta 3.
This beta version of the upcoming major update of Actual Tools products introduces another great long-awaited feature - the native support of 64-bit applications (including 64-bit command prompt a.k.a. CMD a.k.a. console windows!) running on the x64 platform: Windows XP x64 Edition, Windows 2003 x64 Edition and all versions of Windows Vista x64 Edition! So again I'd like to ask everyone to help us and check the compatibility of this new feature on as many as possible 64-bit systems and provide us any feedback on this matter - either positive or negative; especially please turn your attention on the correctness of 64-bit console windows handling. Thank you very much!
Note All remarks about console windows support executables (ConsolePatch.exe and ConsoleHelper.dll) are also true for their 64-bit relatives: ConsolePatch64.exe and ConsoleHelper64.dll. So please make sure that all these files remain untouched by your antiviral protection software.
Here is the short list of updates (the full list of changes is available here):
- Change Icon feature
This long-awaited and frequently requested feature is finally available! It supplements well the old and well-known "Change Caption" feature and allows you the full disguise of required windows. Also it can be used for easy graphic distinguishing similar windows with different contents, e.g. several instances of Internet browser containing different sites.
- some minor improvements
- in the Configuration window time units have been changed from milliseconds to seconds so now it's possible to provide fractional values for time delays (e.g. 0.2 seconds, 1.5 seconds etc.)
- now the "Enable logging" option can be turned on/off via tray icon's menu, and the log window is independent of the logging status so the log contents can be viewed any time
- "Align window"/"Resize window" actions' usability is improved: now they can be applied only if the target window is in proper state (normal - for "Align window", normal or maximized - for "Resize window") otherwise, corresponding title buttons/window menu commands are disabled
- some minor bugfixes
- the bug caused "black windows" problem (e.g. with Windows Vista Sidebar) is fixed
- now the title bar double-click is correctly handled in Office 2007 windows
- the bug is fixed: when "Rolled up if inactive" and "Smooth Rollup" options were enabled, dragging the rolled window led to "Roll Up" function's disability
- the bug is fixed: using the "Roll Up" hotkey along with "Smooth Rollup" option enabled led to window's hang-up
Note Also I would like to remind that due to our beta-testing policy our beta versions have an expiration date after which they can't be used. Also, due to their nature, beta versions can't be registered, even with a valid registration data: they are not final products but betas! So when the beta version expires you should either roll back to the last stable release, update your beta to a new one (if available), or upgrade to a new stable release (if available).
The beta 3 of Actual Window Manager 5.0 will expire December 1, 2007.
So we invite you to visit our Beta-Testing section and check this extremely helpful feature of new beta on your own. Please post your bug reports and new feature suggestions to our Beta-Testing forum, all your posts will be necessarily answered and considered. Many thanks in advance for your help!
Handy Tools for Windows! Make your day-to-day Windows activities easier and more productive!