Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Adobe Reader 11.0.11 Jumps to left screen , When I open a PDF file with Adobe Reader on the R.H.Screen it jumps to » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2267

Glen Shephard

Posted: 07/17/2015 06:41:24

User added an imageI'm running 8.5 beta 1 of AMM. AMM is the only actual tools product I have installed. I'm running Windows 7(64 bit) which is kept updated. The error also occurred in the prior version of AMM which was the latest in production.

When I open a PDF file with Reader on my right hand screen, it jumps to the left hand screen after a couple seconds. This happens whether the window is full screen or not. If I open the file on the left hand screen it stays put. If I then drag the window to the right hand screen it jumps back.

This is the only application that I've observed behaving this way. The principal applications I run are Adobe Reader and Excel 2013.  Excel does not do this although pull down menus within Excel jump briefly to the left hand screen and then back again. When Adobe Reader is open, the icons added by AMM at the top of the typical window are not displayed. For example the window open now has two buttons in the bar at the top of the window. They work as advertised.

I've attached an MS Word file that contains an image of the Adobe Reader window.

Also, pull down menus such as the volume control for the speaker behave the same way, i.e., the menu jumps. An application from an insurance company has a bunch of pull-down menus and whenever they're opened on the right hand screen, they jump to the left hand screen, but not vice versa. Since the pull down menus are not on the same screen as the application, this can cause delays.

None of these things are fatal but the product would be better if it didn't happen.

Thanks,  Glen

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/23/2015 19:16:24

Glen, thank you for the report.

Please send us your configuration to analyze: run Actual Multiple Monitors Configuration, go to the Tools - Configuration panel and click the Send to Tech Support button.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register