Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «NO REPLY from Actual Tools 8 attempts to conctact , email reply renewal » on forum: General   Views: 1481

cinn kid

Posted: 05/13/2023 05:24:28

05/12/2023
Making this post is attempt #9

1st to stop the renewal notice from disabling Actual Multiple Monitors, tell me how to roll back to the previous version and keep my current settings, so I don't have to do the full setup process again?  I did want to renew, but after this experience, I am rethinking the validity of renewal.

Below is a list of attempts to contact Actual Tools since May 6th. I used the forum contact info for Alex F., which says it sends him emails. Obviously, it doesn't send, or if it did, it is ignored.  (The forum contact via email doesn't offer a list to show sent, so there's no way to verify.) However, to make sure he gets something, I sent a PM. I doubt he checks the forum daily.  Judging from the replies to forum posts, this forum isn't checked daily by Actual Tools staff.

Note: I have been a renewing customer since 2018.  

RENEWAL:
I am not going to debate the renewal subscription for Multiple Monitors.
However, if we pay for renewal, then it's reasonable to expect some level of support, and that includes replying to customers' questions via email. Forum support is ok but unless AT staff monitor and reply promptly on a daily basis, (which does not happen), the forum is only a poor substitute for actual responsive support via email. In the past, I had an issue, and Actual Tools was responsive and very helpful. I was a happy customer. Why the company is no longer responsive needs to be addressed by its management.

IF YOU ARE Actual Tools Staff reading this, and enjoying your cocktail on a beach somewhere without access to find my previous attempts to in your company emails, send me a PM here I will forward you the emails with email addresses.

Attempts:

To:Alex Fadeyev
Public Relations Manager Actual Tools
5/11/2023  11:50PM

Sir,  I have attempted to contact AT regarding the renewal of Actual Multiple Monitors seven times with no reply yet.

#8 This is attempt #8.  via forum contact email
#7 via Forum Post 5/11/2023 about 1 p.m. Rollback the Multiple Monitor version and keep the current settings.
#6  5/10/2023 via the web chat utility, which promises to send an email to an agent who will reply promptly. Sadly, I didn't keep a copy of the message.
#5 Email via my xxxxxx@xxxx.com same as #2, under which my AMM License Keys were renewed.
#4 5/10/2023 was via the web contact form; again, sorry I didn't keep a copy.
#3 5/10/2023 via Gmail from xxxxxxx@gmail.com, used for the forum
#2 5/08/2023   via my xxxxxx@xxxx.com, under which my AMM license keys were renewed.
#1 5/06/2023 vial gmail from xxxxxxx@gmail.com used for the forum, but I have previously used it for other email correspondence with Actual Tools.

To say the least, I am very frustrated, bordering on angry.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/14/2023 11:37:48

Hello, cinn kid

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. We understand your frustration about it. We're finishing working on the new version 8.15 right now so it may take little bit longer time for us to reply emails/messages. We'll see if your emails are delivered to Alex's email address and whether there are some problems with sending emails this way.

Please note that I've replied to you in this topic. I think you could contact me regarding renewal too. What is your question about renewal? You can also contact me via support@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/14/2023 11:58:31

Oh, I already saw your email sent to support@actualtools.com. We'll consider your renewal request and will reply soon.

As for rolling back to the previous version - you can just install the version over your current installation. Your settings won't be changed. You can disable the Auto-check for updates option before installing the presious version to completely eliminate the possibility of accidental upgrading to the latest version (Configuration window > Options > Check for updates).

cinn kid

Posted: 05/15/2023 06:46:26

Oh, I already saw your email sent to support@actualtools.com. We'll consider your renewal request and will reply soon.

Thank you, I am sending a PM here to you in regards to emails sent..

As for rolling back to the previous version - you can just install the version over your current installation. Your settings won't be changed. You can disable the Auto-check for updates option before installing the presious version to completely eliminate the possibility of accidental upgrading to the latest version (Configuration window > Options > Check for updates).

I had assumed the answer would be as you said, however, just wanted to make sure my deadline was today 5/14/2023 if no reply from Actual Tools, I would have tried this later today after the family Mother's day celebration.  Now I can do it with confidence.   Thank you...

cinn kid

Posted: 05/18/2023 14:07:49

05/17/2023  11:10 pm
Making this post is attempt #10

Per the start of this thread 05/12/2023: "Making this post is attempt #9" This is my final effort to contact Actual Tools for the renewal of Multiple Monitors.
1st thank you, Bogdan for the reply on how to roll back AMM and retain settings.  I rolled back AMM and it's working without the renewal popup.
2nd. I tried to contact you via this forum both PM and forum email.   No Reply.

Due to Actual Tool's failure after so many attempts to contact Actual Tools, I can't see a reason to renew Actual Multiple Monitors. Actual Tools failed to reply to any of its forms of customer contact support, including:
• web support form  â€¢ Web support chat  â€¢ email from two email accounts  â€¢ Support forum email   •Support Forum PM

Note, I am tempted to point out multiple reasons AMM should be a one-time purchase fee instead of the current annual subscription, however, that would be considered an upset customer troll rant.  That isn't my purpose for this post, customers should know in my case in 2023 that Actual Tools Support has failed.  Note I said the first couple of years I believed Actual Tools support was good and our relationship was good, I had questions and a special request and Actual Tools then replied to emails and provided support.

*re: rollback & settings: 1st I backed-up AMM settings, next I created a Windows restore point, then Uninstalled Actual Multiple Monitors, then installed the previous version from 2021. After installation, I started AMM and restored the settings.  I think AMM found the settings info from the previous installation however, I didn't check, instead, I restored the settings, (disabling Auto-check for updates option was disabled in the previous installation/settings).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/24/2023 01:49:01

Hello, cinn kid

Once again sorry for the delay in replying to you.

Actual Tools failed to reply to any of its forms of customer contact support
But I've replied to you in this topic and I wrote that I saw your emails and that we would consider your renewal request. We're now putting the finishing touches on the new version 8.15 and unfortunately temporarily it may take longer time for us to handle user requests. But as for your request - most likely we'll approve it once we have time to get around to it.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register