Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Firefox & Fullscreen App Issues , Unable to bring Firefox to the front; fullscreen app issues » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 8840

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 01/18/2010 13:49:34

Hey guys,

The beta is looking good. I just have a couple issues.

Since installing AWM v6.0 b1, Firefox will not come to the front of other windows. I try clicking on a visible portion of the FF window while it is behind other windows, selecting the taskbar icon for FF, and using the task switcher (ALT+TAB) but the FF window refuses to come to the front. The only way I can access the FF window is to either minimize all other windows or send all other windows to the back behind FF. Stopping AWM resolves the issue. I created an exclude rule for FF and it then works as expected but I use AWM functions on the FF window frequently so I hope there will be a resolution for this. I'm using XP Pro SP3, FF v3.6 RC2.

Also, on my secondary monitor, the taskbar does not disappear when I fullscreen an app (for instance Windows Media Player). The taskbar remains displayed until I click anywhere on my primary monitor, which then hides the secondary monitor taskbar. This has actually been an issue since at least AWM v5.4. Sorry I am just reporting it now. It's just an issue I have learned to live with.

An additional issue I've discovered since I am frequently using the "Send to Back" function recently, is that when I send windows to the back on my primary monitor, it sometimes takes a fullscreened app on the secondary monitor and returns it to a normal window.

Thanks!

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/19/2010 06:30:26

Hello,

Please, send us your AWM configuration files.

What version of Windows Media Player are you using?

With what app are you using the problem with "Send to Back" function? (As far I understand you mean "Move to previous monitor" option)

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 01/19/2010 09:31:00

Thanks Tatiana. I am sending my configuration files to support@actualtools.com. If they should be sent somewhere else, please let me know.

I am using Windows Media Player v11. The Send to Back issue does not involve the Move to Monitor function. The issue is that while I have an app fullscreened on my secondary monitor, if I Send to Back a window on my primary monitor, it causes the fullscreened app on the secondary monitor to leave fullscreen mode and enter normal window mode.

If you need additional information, please let me know. Thanks!

Nick

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/20/2010 02:23:45

Dear Nick,

Thank you for your help.

To solve the problem with FF, please, try to create rule for FF and disable Freeze option for Stay always-on-top button on Title Buttons Property Sheet.

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 01/20/2010 10:17:31

Thanks Tatiana. That resolved the issue with Firefox. I have actually noticed this same issue with other windows as well so I disabled the Freeze option from the Default Settings for the Stay Always On top button, which appears to have resolved the issue in other windows as well. Given that this worked, I was able to delete the new Firefox rule as it was redundant.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/22/2010 02:06:04

Dear Nicolas,

I very glad to see that your problem with FF was solved.

Could you check the problem with Windows Media Player? Perhaps, disabling the freeze option for Stay always-on-top button has solved this problem as well.

Did you use the Mirror primary taskbar option when the problem with Send to bottom feature appeared?

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 01/22/2010 11:00:12

Hi Tatiana,

Now that you mention it, and since turning off the Freeze option in my Default Settings for the Stay on Top button, I have not noticed the problem with Windows Media Player falling behind the secondary monitor taskbar when I fullscreen the app. It makes sense that this could stem from the same issue as the Stay on Top Freeze issue with Firefox. (I have no AWM rules set for Windows Media Player so it would have been taking on the Default Settings.) All the same though, even if one has the Freeze option selected for the Stay on Top button, a fullscreened window should still not fall behind the taskbar on the second monitor. I would expect that the secondary monitor taskbar disappear on fullscreen as expected. I will keep an eye out to see if this issue returns.

I also haven't noticed the other issue with Send to Back on the primary monitor changing the secondary monitor fullscreened app back to a normal window. (In answer to your question, no I don't have the taskbar Mirrored onto the secondary monitor.) Perhaps this is part of the same issue as above though. I have noticed that when I have an app window aligned to the right of the primary monitor, I can see a sliver of the window on the left edge of the secondary monitor. I can imagine that if this sliver is overlaying the fullscreened app on the secondary monitor and is then sent to the bottom that it could push the fullscreened app back, in effect changing the fullscreened app back to a normal window. I have noticed this with Windows Media Player as with the other issue, so perhaps the same Stay on Top Freeze issue is the cause of this. Interestingly, I have not noticed this issue occurring since turning of the Stay on Top Freeze option in Default Settings. I will do some testing by reverting back to my prior settings and see if I can replicate these two issues once again.

I hope all of this makes sense. Some of this is difficult to describe but I am trying to be as complete as I can in my description. If you need clarification, please let me know.

Nick

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 01/24/2010 14:34:46

Looks like I spoke too soon. Windows Media Player continues to fall behind the secondary monitor taskbar when it is fullscreened. I still remain unable to replicate the issue with Send to Back on the primary monitor causing the secondary monitor fullscreened app to return to a normal window.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register