Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 5.5b4, Second Life & Skype » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 5836

Emma Stott

Posted: 12/10/2009 23:35:49

Hi there! Just want to start by saying that AWM is brilliant and helps solve lots of pesky window management issues for me. Thanks! :)

Sadly I've run into a couple of problems in the last few weeks, and whilst there is a good possibility that it's user error, I can't figure out what I might have done.

The original issue was that Skype's main window would vanish a second or two into the program's loading screen, and I'd lose the ability to restore it altogether. The tray icon option would do nothing, and the window wasn't listed anyway that I could see. I upgraded from 5.4 which unfortunately didn't help, and in the end the only option I had was to add an exception.

The second problem started immediately after upgrading to 5.5b4, and is in the program Second Life. Basically one of the keybindings is the ALT key, which when held down allows you to click and use the mouse to alter the camera origin in the 3D view. This has stopped working with the left ALT key, but the right key works perfectly. I can work around this issue by pausing/unloading AWM, but obviously I'd like to find a long term solution. Sadly, adding an exception doesn't help in this case.

I'm using Windows Vista x64 SP3 with all of the available updates, and my open programs are Skype, Steam, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger, and the latest copy of NOD32 anti-virus.

Thanks in advance! :)

Emma Stott

Posted: 12/11/2009 00:58:06

Okay, problem solved with regard to Second Life - the "Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing" being set to ALT seems to be the culprit. I switched this option off it works perfectly. :)

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/11/2009 07:32:12

Dear Emma,

Thank you for post.

The problem with Skype window was confirmed. We'll fix it in our next version.

To solve the problem with Second Life you just may to change the key for activation the action (for example to shift).

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register