Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] File|Open Dialog box not showing up on screen » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6832

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 11/30/2009 10:44:37

I'm using Beta 3 with my laptop running XP Pro SP3.

I've noticed since the installation of Beta 3, that when I select File|Open in one of my daily use programs (Crestron VTPro-e) that the focus of the windows shifts to the File Open dialog, but the dialog box is not visible on screen.  If you alt+tab the dialog box is not visible as an item, and I also have switched desktops to make sure that it was not opening on a different desktop by 'accident'.  The only way to exit is to ctrl+alt+delete.

If you stop AWM, start the program, click File|Open the dialog appears just fine.  With the dialog open you start AWM, the AWM buttons appear on the open dialog and works just fine, but the next time you clicked File|Open it fouls up.

See the screenie of the log file.

User added an image

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/30/2009 21:50:04

Matt,

Could you please try to disable "Block premature appearance of window" option at the botton of Startup tab of "Crestron VT Pro-e graph..." window rule? This most like will solve the issue.

Does this problem only happen in Crestron, or perhaps in some other applications?

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 12/02/2009 15:40:06

I tried unchecking that box but it still happens.  I haven't notice it happen in any other application, other than this specific one (other programs in the Crestron suite of programs work just fine).  And it seems to only start in B2/B3...

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/02/2009 20:45:19

I see.

A couple of fixes in beta 3 could result in disappearance of some windows. But as far as I know, there were no reports on missing windows for beta 2.
Are you sure that this problem occurred with beta 2?

We are going to make one more beta version in several days, which will undo those unhappy fixes in beta 3.
Please wait until beta 4 is out. Perhaps Crestron's Open dialogs will work as expected again.

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 12/03/2009 14:16:31

I am unsure, maybe not.

But I do notice it happening with other open style dialogs too.  A simple one to test is the 'Run...' windows function, doesn't work for me either.

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 12/10/2009 14:14:09

As an update, I recently installed B4 from the link found on the 'Automagically switching desktops' thread and it seems to have corrected this issue for me as well!

Thanks!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register