Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 5.5beta2 crashes Windows Explorer » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6283

Jonathan Woodward

Posted: 11/19/2009 14:28:31

I am reporting instability of Windows Explorer after Actual Window Manager 5.5 beta2 is installed.

Important information: Computer is Acer Aspire Laptop 7720, OS is Windows 7 Ultimate X86, NVidia GeForce Mobile Drivers v 186.1, Patched uxtheme file with VistaGlazz 2.0 (this new version just patches the file and is compatible with Win7), and TuneUp Utilities 2010, Aero enabled.

Issues: Title buttons added by AWM to windows, particularly Exlorer, are hidden within or behind the aero title bar and are barely visible. Right clicking on folders causes Explorer to hang and crash. I reported the same problems with the previous version but seems to reappear again. Uninstalled AWM and problems disappeared.

Are there hidden settings within Windows or AWM I can modify to bring back stability to the system or do I have to wait for another version?

Thanks for you help.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/20/2009 13:37:18

Jonathan, thank you for the report. The "hidden buttons" bug has been fixed in the just released beta 3, as well as some other nasty bugs led to Explorer crashes so please check it out.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register