Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[Bug] AWM 5.5 Beta 1 - Send your configuration files... , Errors found while attempting to send / save configuration files. » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 8169

Joseph Sullivan

Posted: 09/25/2009 18:24:39

Operating System - Windows XP SP3
Program Version - Actual Windows Manager Version 5.5 Beta 1

Note 1:  I have Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 installed, but not configured, as I do not use the program.  Instead, I use browser-based GMail.

Note 2:  I have logging turned on.  However, I was unable to glean any information specific to my issue in any of the four inis found in 'C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager'.  Nor was I able to get any additional information from the Event Viewer.

I was attempting to use the options 'Send your configuration files to a friend' and 'Send your configuration files to the Actual Tools technical support'.  Upon clicking on either option, I am presented with the following error message:

User added an image

During an attempt to save the configuration file anyway, I clicked on the 'Yes' button, which brought me to the following screen:

User added an image

I did not change the directory from the desktop and clicked on the 'Save' button, and was presented with the following error message:

User added an image

I verified that no new file appeared on my desktop, including any file 'Configuration Files.zip'.

After clicking on the 'OK' button, I received the final, following error message:

User added an image

---

I noticed that if I change the folder to save the file 'Configuration Files.zip' to anything, including changing back to the desktop, it successfully saves the file.

---

Unfortunately, I am unable to give any additional information, to my knowledge.  May I recommend that, if logging is turned on, more specific program error information is also logged.

Please advise if there is anything else I can do to assist.  Thank you.

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/28/2009 00:29:37

Joseph,

Thank you for reporting this problem!

We've fixed this error:
User added an image
The fix will be available in the next beta.

As for this
User added an image

and this one
User added an image

They occur because no default email program is set up in your system, and it's the default emailer which Actual Window Manager uses to send config files.
Since you use GMail online, I'd recommend you to try gAttach program which allows setting GMail as your default email application. It's free and it can be downloaded here, though some of its users reported that it didn't work.

Another option to try is Gmail Notifier which also installs Gmail as the default emailer.

Joseph Sullivan

Posted: 09/28/2009 02:23:43

Wish Chrome did that stuff for me.

Thanks for the insight and, of course, the help.  :)

Joseph Sullivan

Posted: 11/05/2009 05:05:35

Operating System - Windows XP SP3
Program Version - Actual Windows Manager Version 5.5 Beta 2

Still coming across the same issue.

I have installed the Google Apps part of the Google Pack, alongside Chrome, which can be found / downloaded here.

As part of the GMail component of Google Apps, I am given the opportunity to set GMail up as my default email client, which I selected.  I confirmed that this is correctly working by testing mailto: links in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.  Furthermore, GMail now shows up as my default mail client in Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Programs -> E-Mail.

Upon trying to use the functionality in AWM which would allow me to send a configuration file to either a friend or to technical support, I receive the following error message:

User added an image

I did not see any additional information in the Event Viewer.  I did not see anything in the log window that appears to be additional information.

When I searched google for 'mapi 2147500037' (no quotes), it appears that the issue is still that the program is unable to find a default email handler.

I already have a GMail notifier in Digsby, so I'm reluctant to install another just to solve this particular issue - especially being that this is testing, not something I intend to use consistently.

If there is anything else I can do to assist, please let me know.  Thanks.

However, when I try to use the functionality in AWM which would allow me to tell a friend about the product, it correctly opens up a new email in Chrome, as I would expect.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register