Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 5 Beta 4: Explorer crash in Vista » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6823

Jeffrey R. Broido

Bona fide, old fart, retro hippie.

Posted: 12/14/2007 16:17:10

Folks,

I've encountered a problem with Windows Explorer in Vista, both 64- and 32-bit editions.  In both cases, I generally keep four Explorer folder windows open (containing shortcuts) on the desktop.  Vista is particularly miserable at remembering their sizes and positions, so AWM is a real asset.  It works fine, generally, but I find that when changing the AWM configuration for any of these windows, there is about a 20% chance that Explorer will become non-dispatchable.  Clicking on any of the Explorer windows causes them to be marked "Not Responding" in the title bar.  Clicking on the taskbar opens a dialog asking if I want to restart Explorer.  When Explorer restarts, all returns to normal until the next time.

Note that I've triggered this bug on two systems, my mature quad Xeon, running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and a new Vista Ultimate 32-bit system.

Regards,
Jeff

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/17/2007 01:42:05

Please try to turn off Explorer's Folder Options->View->Launch folder windows in a separate process.

Jeffrey R. Broido

Bona fide, old fart, retro hippie.

Posted: 12/17/2007 08:25:15

Michael,

It's already off as I never turned on the option and the default is off.

Regards,
Jeff

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register