Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «True Launch Bar menus always above Task Bar , ...rather than overlapping it, as they should » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 7275

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 05/25/2007 02:13:27

I'm using AWM 4.5 beta 2 on WinXP Pro SP2.  I have True Launch Bar 4.2 installed.

When True Launch Bar menus are opened, they do not overlap the Task Bar as they should.  Instead, they are moved (by AWM) above the Task Bar.  Please see the image attached.

Prior versions of AWM did not do this (just as a matter of information).  The menus behave correctly if AWM is "stopped".

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 05/25/2007 02:17:07

I can't see how to edit my post.  The subject was poorly chosen.  Instead of saying "...rather than on top of it, as they should be", I should have said "...rather than overlapping it, as they should".  Sorry.

I also forgot to mention that I cannot see why AWM is doing this to the menus.  I have the Explorer Task Bar (class Shell_TrayWnd) and True Launch Bar menus (class TrueLaunchBarMenu) excluded in AWM.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/25/2007 05:08:46

Hello Scott,

It happens because of function "Layout Keeper". The matter is that it is quite independent, it doesn't pay attention to exclusions that you created. It has its own exclusions.

In the next updated version of Actual Window Manager these menus will be excluded from Layout processing. Thank you for information

Good luck!

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 05/25/2007 23:13:37

I don't understand the layout feature at all.  If I switch from one resolution to another, all that happens is my windows get shortened vertically (i.e. made narrower).  So, because they don't take up the whole screen the way I want them to (and the way they were at the first resolution) I have to manually fix them anyway.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/28/2007 05:54:17

Hello Scott,

Could you please specify steps you perform to get such behavior? What dimensions (approximately) have opened windows? Please specify the approximate resolutions you are switching form and to. Thank you in advance.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register