Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Multi-monitor taskbar jump lists not available » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 4122

Justin Samsel

Posted: 07/05/2014 14:05:43

Please excuse my stupidity if this problem is something I have caused, but I do not have jump lists on my multi-monitor taskbar.

Right clicking the items on the AWM taskbar bring up the normal context menu as if you were right clicking a title bar. In fact the options that appear in this context menu are identical to if I were to right click a title bar. It shows only the pre-chosen options from AWM.

I am running Windows 8 Pro 64bit. AWM 8.2 beta 4.

I am attaching a screenshot of what it looks like. I have confirmed this error not only with Steam jump lists on the multi-monitor taskbar, but any program at all produces the same result.

Is it my fault? Or is it a bug?

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/07/2014 16:18:24

Justin, thank you for your post!

Please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) with a reference to this thread.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Justin Samsel

Posted: 07/07/2014 21:49:10

I just now figured out the multi-monitor taskbar setting "Enable pinning to the taskbar" should probably be relabeled to "Enable task bar jump list". That was what was causing my jump lists to not work.

The current description is a little misleading/information lacking.

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 07/07/2014 23:57:16

"Enable task bar jump list"

I'm not sure if you made a typo or not as the Windows "taskbar" is the correct spelling.

If you are referencing AWM > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Multi-monitor Taskbar and Task Switcher > Options > 'Enable pinning to the taskbar' = checked/unchecked then I think you have a good point as to it being misleading.

"Enable application pinning and jump lists to the taskbar" as AWM doesn't support the jump list pop-up menu allowing you to pin the app as well as viewing/access to the jump list. IMHO it should be implemented like it is on Windows 7, where if on a multi-monitor system if in AWM "Replace the primary Taskbar" = unchecked then jump list on AWM taskbar should be Enabled if it is enabled for the primary Taskbar (which it is by Windows 7 default).

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/14/2014 19:55:35

Thank you for your posts, guys! We will consider renaming that checkbox!

support@actualtools.com

Justin Samsel

Posted: 07/14/2014 22:39:14

Thank you Alex. Love your product.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/15/2014 17:07:16

Thank you for your kind words, Justin!

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0