Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Directory Opus Desktop Double-Click Still Disabled , Desktop Focus removed by AWM (repeatedly) » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 10958

Susan

Posted: 10/21/2013 09:18:04

Hi.
Just to add that this issue is still present a year later -

The Left-Double-Click on the Desktop to invoke the Default Lister in Directory Opus *AFTER* installation of AWM8.0.3.0 (and AWM8.1b1)is disabled.
To get around this, you need to disable the option in DO, save the setting, then re-enable and save. This temporarily restores that functionality in DO.

However, every time AWM is restarted, the ability to invoke the Default Lister in DO is disabled.

I tried to set up an option in the AWM "Mouse Actions" area for a Double-Left-Click on the Desktop so that I could bypass the focus hijack, but there is no option to click on the Desktop, so that route is out.
Any suggestions how to overcome this limitation, or if it will be fixed any time soon?

Just as an FYI, if you use DO (as I have done for years!) - this can REALLY drive you crazy!!  :)

The obvious workaround is to Right-Click on the Desktop and sel ect "New Lister" fr om the drop down menu. All our computers run DO, and I have to admit, that it is fun watching a manager frantically double-clicking on the desktop when they try to show us "Poor Ignorant Workers" how something needs to be "Done Right!" :D

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 10/22/2013 02:00:33

Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit AWM 8.1 beta 1  DO 10.5.3.1 beta 64 bit

I am not seeing this problem, whether I start DO first then AWM or the other way round, if I double left click on the desktop a new default DO lister pops up as expected. I don't have to disable/re-enable the option in DO either, it just seems to work OK.  I will try again later after a reboot.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/22/2013 20:47:12

Good day Susan,

I have deleted your cross-post in the Technical Support forum because it is almost same as which I have read right now.

Could you please specify your version of Windows (x32/x64 as well), version of Directory Opus.

Also, tell me please does the issue take place if our software is turned off and how often the issue occurs?

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 10/23/2013 02:03:15

I have just updated DO to 10.5.3.2 beta 64 bit and can confirm double click to launch lister is still working fine for me.

Susan

Posted: 10/23/2013 12:49:15

I have just updated DO to 10.5.3.2 beta 64 bit and can confirm double click to launch lister is still working fine for me.

Hi Gerard.

Sorry to ask this, but can you clarify your above comment as fr om the wording, it looks like you have not had any problems with DO being broken before?
(AMM broke both my Win8 install, and the subsequent Win8.1 re-install)

You stated that DO "is still working fine for me."
Were earlier (non-beta) versions of DO working for you? Or was it just after the DO beta-2 update?

Here's why I ask ...

GP Software were aware that there was a problem wh ere certain multiple-monitor software broke the desktop double-click. It was fixed in the 10.5.3.2 x64 beta, but was broken before this.
I quote, "Implemented a solution to desktop double-click being broken by DisplayFusion (also requires the latest DF beta)."

In my experience, it seems to be the case that this also affected the AMM software.
The 10.5.3.2 (5042) x64 beta of DO from GP Software worked *TEMPORARILY*, but now the desktop double-click lister-launch capability of DO is broken once again.

Hi Alexander.

With DO v10.5.3.0 (5016) x64 -

If AMM is turned off, DO works 100%
If AMM is turned on, DO fails 100%.

With DO v10.5.3.2 (5042) x64 beta -

Worked for a few minutes, but now...
If AMM is turned off, DO works 100%
If AMM is turned on, DO fails 100%.

Requested PC info -

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DLM
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Processor AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1201, 04/09/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.3.9600.16408"
Username DLM\Susan
Time Zone GMT Summer Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.97 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.86 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.60 GB
Page File Space 1.88 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 10/24/2013 02:09:07

Hello Susan,

My apologies for not being very clear in my previous post's.

To be honest I normally have the left double click feature disabled in DO as I have other software installed which uses that shortcut. However when I read your post about the conflict with AWM I set up my system to try and duplicate the problem. i.e AWM running and DO setup to open a new default lister on a left double click of the desktop.

I can therefore only confirm that this feature works in harmony with DO 10.5.3.1 beta 64 bit and 10.5.3.2 beta 64 bit, with both Windows 8 and 8.1 64bit.

If you like I can re-install the current Non Beta version of DO and test again.

Its strange that when you are running 10.5.3.2 beta it works fine for a couple of minutes then falls over and yet I have not encountered any problem with it.

Susan

Posted: 10/24/2013 15:14:15

Hi Gerard,
Many thanks for the clarification. Really appreciate it. :)

I am still getting the same crash though after reinstalls and restarts of DO beta, non-beta, and beta/non-beta of AMM.
What puzzles me is that the "Error Report to Email" ability of AMM no longer functions either. :(
I have used the "YourUninstaller" program to do "Super-Mode uninstalls" (searches everywhere for anything related to the installed software and removes it. Reg entries, zero-length files, hidden stuff, etc) and also gone over things with CCleaner.
Have checked the HDDs, and am currently running an "SFC /scannow" file-check....

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Susan>SFC /SCANNOW
Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
C:\Users\Susan>

Oh well, that wrecked that idea then. :(

Thanks again for trying to break things Gerard, you're a Star! xx

Susan

Posted: 10/24/2013 15:38:07

Oh HECK!!!
I give up! It's working again...
I accidentally double-clicked the desktop out of habit... and it worked.  :|
That's it for now. I've been messing with this heap of junk (my PC, not the AMM software!) all night and I've had enough. <yawn>

At a guess, it looks like that when AMM is running, "something," that may not even be connected software-wise to AMM is intercepting the clicks.

I am currently suspicious of Comodo Internet Security. This is a recent addition  and was installed around the same time as I bought the full AMM suite a week or so ago.
Let's say that I have found Comodo to be, er, "enthusiastic" regarding what it will block, when, how and why.   :o ;)
Very capable, and VERY infuriatingly obscure in the way the settings are accessed.

Like I said, I'm off to bed now (0830hrs here), and I'll look into it more later today. :)

"Goodnight," or rather, "Good-day," all. ;) xx

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register