Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows 8.1 preview: Black taskbar background , Running AMM in the new Windows 8.1 preview, has a weird background » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 4840

Martin Spierings

Posted: 07/02/2013 19:49:01

Hi all,

I'm currently running the Windows 8.1 preview with Actual Multiple Monitors. In the latest stable and both the latest beta's of AMM i see a black background in the taskbar which AMM has generated. My normal taskbar seems to be ok (normal opacity with proper color and showing my desktop background). The AMM version has no opacity, is completely black and doesn't show any color or background.

Also the (hardware) start button doesn't seem to work correctly when i'm pushing it while on the second monitor. On my primary monitor it works great but not on the one where AMM is active.

Another thing i noticed with the previous beta is that the alt-tab wasn't working correctly the issue seems to be fixed with the new beta.

Other then that it works great.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/09/2013 19:53:02

Martin,

The look of Actual Taskbar depends on various items of the system visual theme. It seems that those items has been changed/renamed in the Windows 8.1 Preview. We'll wait until the final version of Windows 8.1 and then fix it (because the system visual theme may change again in the final version).

As for the Start button, please specify what exactly "doesn't seem to work correctly". Thank you.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 07/10/2013 02:51:04

Why not change it so it at least works for now?  Is there that much work involved?

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/10/2013 14:32:06

TBH Chris, as an entrepreneur myself I can fully understand this position. It is not worth the investment IMO if in just a couple of months (!) it could be different again. I would not do it, especially looking at the number of people that actually use Windows 8.1 preview right now. That number is way, way less than all the official versions of Windows together. I could much better invest my time in bug fixes and new features of which I know that have a (much) smaller chance of being influenced by changes in other software than with the preview. As an entrepreneur, I always have to make decisions of what to invest my time in. Time is the scarce resource. I have sometimes learned the hard way that it is best to do things well, but not too fast or impulsively.

I just wanted to give you an entrepreneur's point of view  ;)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register