Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Tray icons on secondary taskbar don't return to sorted order if moved » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 3734

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 06/17/2012 00:13:53

I'm running beta 3 on XP Pro SP3. I've got AWM set to enable the multi-monitor Taskbar in Individual Mode to place a taskbar on the secondary monitor (the taskbar on the primary is the Windows taskbar; all of the multi-monitor Taskbar Options are deselected). Enable tray icons reordering is selected (no pressed keys required).

It appears that AWM now remembers the order in which the tray icons were previously sorted and puts them in the same order the next time it loads. However, if one or more of the tray icons disappears and then reappears later (when a program with a tray icon is closed and restarted), the sort order is not restored.

--
Mike

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/18/2012 04:12:14

Hello Mike.

In fact, the way our program sorts the tray icons is more complicated. It doesn't remember the order in which the tray icons were previously sorted. At start AWM copies the order from the Windows taskbar. Position of newly appeared icons may differ from the Windows taskbar.

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 06/18/2012 14:29:05

Perhaps you should consider sampling the sort order of the Windows taskbar tray and reordering the icons in the AWM taskbar tray at a regular interval so that the order remains the same as that of the Windows taskbar tray. As this function operates currently, it's not particularly helpful. This is especially true since the order in which programs load at Windows startup isn't fixed, and this means that, if AWM loads before another program that adds an icon to the tray, the sort order in the AWM taskbar tray may then be different from the sort order in the Windows taskbar tray even shortly after Windows starts.

I'd like to suggest that you also take a look at PS Tray Factory (http://www.pssoftlab.com/pstf_info.phtml) and consider implementing similar functionality in AWM. I own a registered copy of PS Tray Factory and have used it for several years. Unfortunately, it appears as though the company either has gone out of business or just doesn't support its products anymore (they don't respond to email at any of their addresses and haven't updated any of their software in over two years). The functionality of PS Tray Factory seems like a natural extension to that of AWM.

--
Mike

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/18/2012 23:44:30

Hello Mike.

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list