Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Title Button Flicker in Google Chrome » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6514

macman104

Posted: 05/16/2012 13:33:56

If you open enough tabs in google chrome, they extend out to where the title buttons are.

Place mouse over the tab that shares the title button space, and the title buttons disappear.  If you move your mouse over to where they would be positioned, they flicker in/out of view.
Close any tabs that share the same screen space, and they reappear.

This is on the newest beta.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/16/2012 22:20:19

Hello macman104.

I was unable to reproduce the issue with the latest AWM beta (7.1 b 2), the latest Chrome (19.0.1084.46 m) and Windows 7 x64. The title buttons are just placed in front of the tab, and don't disappear.

What OS (version, 32 or 64-bit) and what version of Chrome are you running?

Best regards.

macman104

Posted: 05/17/2012 10:32:10

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64, the latest version of Chrome (just checked, same as you).

However, I can duplicate the problem on Firefox (just updated as well, 12.0), similar problem.

Open firefox, my title buttons do not show up.
Move cursor to where the title buttons should be, and they appear.
Move the cursor off of the title buttons position, and they disappear again.

Is there a configuration file or something I can provide to help diagnose the problem?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/18/2012 01:45:49

What Windows theme are you using? I can't reproduce it with Windows Aero, but it can be well reproduced with the basic theme.

macman104

Posted: 05/18/2012 16:23:20

That is a complicated question I'm afraid, I utilize LogMeIn, and it disables the Aero transparency and other Aero effects (just discovered this today).  I'm currently logged into work, but I will temporarily uninstall the LogMeIn display adapter later to see if the flicker problem with Windows Aero is resolved for me.

I would surmise that my theme is more closely tied to Windows Basic at this point with the lack of Aero effects and window decoration.

I just sent in an email with the configuration files as well.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/23/2012 21:21:42

This is the known issue with Internet browsers in basic Windows theme and unfortunately for now there is nothing to do about it.

macman104

Posted: 05/24/2012 09:48:24

Ok thanks for the info.

I did find that my source of the problem was using LogMeIn.  When LogMeIn is enabled, the display adapter for LogMeIn is active and enabled in my device manager, causing the issue.  If I disable LogMeIn, then the driver no longer conflicts and now my title buttons function normally.

Would never had thought to look at the theme I was using, so thanks for helping diagnose the problem.

Eric Dunn

Posted: 09/29/2014 02:35:28

Just wanted ton confirm - this fixed a problem I was having.

Running Windows 7, and particularly in Chrome, the icons were flickering constantly in the latest edition (9/27/14).

By switching out of the basic theme (I am old school and liked the stripped down desktop in Windows) - the flickering stopped.

Just wanted folks to know. Love the product on my two monitor set up!! :)

(PS. Found this on an internet search.. which is why I dug up this really old post)

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/29/2014 19:34:29

Thank you for sharing this workaround, Eric!

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register