Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Startmenu / Metro on second monitor on Windows 8 , No possibility to see metro or startmenu on the second monitor » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 4159

Martin Spierings

Posted: 04/11/2012 10:38:17

I've been using AMM for a while now on Windows 7 and it works great. Absolutely love the application and works like a charm.
Since Windows 8 is coming soon, i was trying the Consumer Edition and noticed that the Dual monitor functionality from Windows itself has improved but the Metro interface is not working well with my Dual monitor setup.

I often play videogames on my primary monitor (via other input) and therefor my second monitor is the only one i can see from my computer. Since the new Metro interface is bound to a single monitor (which i found odd), the second monitor doesn't display it and doesn't even respond to the Windows key! Also, the startmenu button from AMM is gone (though that seems logical to me, since it isn't implemented anymore), which makes it difficult to get my programs up when i'm not using my primary monitor.

Of course i can use Windowskey+pageup/down to switch metro to my other monitor, but that seems to be a temporary solution to me.

Currently the AMM functionality in Windows 8 seems insufficiant at this time, but i'm guessing thats mostly because there is no way to enable the startmenu again (like in the developer preview) and i hope Microsoft is still going to let users do that. And i'm guessing that Actual Tools is waiting for the final release to see what they can do with AMM.

I'm still wondering about 3 questions:
1) Is there any other possibilty to get the startbutton back on the second monitor (i don't mind metro on the primary)

2) Or is there any other way to get programs started on the secondary?

3) What is AMM going to support/change in the upcoming versions for Windows 8?

I'm hoping that AMM will be as awesome for Windows 8 as it has been for Windows 7, so i look forward to new beta's in the future!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/16/2012 00:04:51

Hello Martin.

1) Unfortunately, there is no possibility to get the Start button on the second monitor, but we consider implementation of this feature.

2) And there is no way to get programs started on secondary monitor.

3) I can't tell you at the moment what exactly Actual Multiple Monitors is going to support in Windows 8. We'll try to provide the support for all standard features.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register