Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «hot keys (arrow keys) don't work » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 7159

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 01/27/2012 06:18:20

With Aero Snap active, I can hit [win]+[arrow-key] to max/min a window, or move/position a window on the left/restored/right side of a monitor through all attached monitors.

I deactiveated Aero Snap and wanted to use [win]+[arrow-key left/right] to move a window right left through the desktop tiles.

If I enter a arrow key in the key field, the key field shows [4] NUM, it doesn't accept the arrow key, but the numblock key...

and these hotkeys don't work, even when hitting the numblock-keys...

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/29/2012 21:33:13

Hello TabSel,

Thanks for the post.

If I enter a arrow key in the key field, the key field shows [4] NUM, it doesn't accept the arrow key, but the numblock key...
- It will accept the arrow key if you hit this twice.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 01/30/2012 03:42:47

Yes, I noticed this.
However, the hot key doesn't trigger the assigned action
(put right in next tile/left in previous tile)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/30/2012 23:49:55

TabSel, this works correctly on my computer.

Could you send me (support@actualtools.com) a screenshot of the hotkeys pane?

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/01/2012 04:32:46

may be the hotkeys interfere with the snap feature?

I configured AWM to disable Windows' Aero Snap and have its own snap.
So, when I hit [Win]+[left] for example, the focused Window moves between right screen half, restored, left screen half...

Also, I tried to configure a hotkey [Win]+[left], to have the focused window move left to the previous desktop tile.

There was no message saying that the hotkey is in conflict with the hotkey used by the snap feature...

I am a bit confused with all these options AWM allows for, have to find my way through it and all of its possibilities...

Another question:

WHEN does a window get maximized???

I have desktop tiles. When I double click on the windows' titlebar, the window gets resized to the tiles dimension, but not maximized.
Same, when I hit the maximize title button of the window (?)
Same, when dragging the window onto the desktop tile header bar? (I configured this header bar to be of color red)

If the snap feature is on (I configured the snap screen preview area to be blue), and the desktop tile spans the screens full height, and I drag the window to the top, it first reaches the desktop tiles header bar, the tile background gets red.
If I drag the window further to the top, the snap feature applies and the snap preview area overlays the tile background area, resulting in a violett area.

If I then release the window, it gets maximized, i.e its borders are removed, the maximize title button shows "maximized" etc... This (and hittong [win]+[up]) seems to be the only way to have a window maximized (?) Both methods rely on AWMs snap feature switched on to work, so no way to have a window maximized without AWMs snap feature?

Also, when a window is maximized, the "put into tile..." function doesn't work anymore...

There also still is a bug with virtual displays: I can't create tiles on virtual displays. However, when I double click a windows titlebar, the window gets resized to fill the rightmost desktop tile on another screen...

It all confuses me so much. When I have a window resized to fill a desktop tile (by "put into tile...) and I hit the "maximize" button, the window moves to a complete different position on another screen... I don't know exactly WHEN this is the case.

But I DO know that there is something strange going on with "maximized to desktop tile", real maximized windows, and the "restored" position...

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/01/2012 23:58:36

may be the hotkeys interfere with the snap feature?

I configured AWM to disable Windows' Aero Snap and have its own snap.
So, when I hit [Win]+[left] for example, the focused Window moves between right screen half, restored, left screen half...

Also, I tried to configure a hotkey [Win]+[left], to have the focused window move left to the previous desktop tile.

There was no message saying that the hotkey is in conflict with the hotkey used by the snap feature...

I am a bit confused with all these options AWM allows for, have to find my way through it and all of its possibilities...
- Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

Another question:

WHEN does a window get maximized???

I have desktop tiles. When I double click on the windows' titlebar, the window gets resized to the tiles dimension, but not maximized.
Same, when I hit the maximize title button of the window (?)
Same, when dragging the window onto the desktop tile header bar? (I configured this header bar to be of color red)

If the snap feature is on (I configured the snap screen preview area to be blue), and the desktop tile spans the screens full height, and I drag the window to the top, it first reaches the desktop tiles header bar, the tile background gets red.
If I drag the window further to the top, the snap feature applies and the snap preview area overlays the tile background area, resulting in a violett area.

If I then release the window, it gets maximized, i.e its borders are removed, the maximize title button shows "maximized" etc... This (and hittong [win]+[up]) seems to be the only way to have a window maximized (?) Both methods rely on AWMs snap feature switched on to work, so no way to have a window maximized without AWMs snap feature?

Also, when a window is maximized, the "put into tile..." function doesn't work anymore...

There also still is a bug with virtual displays: I can't create tiles on virtual displays. However, when I double click a windows titlebar, the window gets resized to fill the rightmost desktop tile on another screen...

It all confuses me so much. When I have a window resized to fill a desktop tile (by "put into tile...) and I hit the "maximize" button, the window moves to a complete different position on another screen... I don't know exactly WHEN this is the case.

But I DO know that there is something strange going on with "maximized to desktop tile", real maximized windows, and the "restored" position...
- Could you install Actual Window Manager 7.0 beta 2 ( http://www.actualtools.com/files/aim70b2.exe ) and check whether these problems persists or not?

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/03/2012 04:16:31

ok, with 7ß2, the maximize button maximizes windows correctly on the monitor.

May be you can solve the visual feedback problem: Having a desktop tile spanning from top to bottom (or left to right) of a screen AND having AWM's Aero Snap substitution active, dragging a window onto a desktop tiles bar shows the "maximize into the desktop tile" preview pane (red, in my case). Dragging the window further against the screen's border kicks in Aero Snap and shows Aero Snaps "maximize to screen area" pane (blue, in my case, which overlays the red pane, resulting in a violett area. Dragging the window away from the Aero Snap border again kicks in the "maximize into the desktop tile" preview pane, overlaying the already overlayed pane...

May be these preview panes can be made "mutual exclusive", so either the "maximize into the desktop tile" preview pane OR the "Aero Snap" preview pane is visible?

Found a bug: dragging a window slowly over desktop tiles have the window not redrawn correctly, i.e. the desktop tile border frames color artefacts stay shown in the dragged window area...

Another bug, mentioned already in another thread: entering the desktop tile edit mode had AWM v7ß2 crash (popup saying so, without the AWM process being killed though, i.e. AWM stays functional, but behave correctly - for example edit buttons not visible on every screen, Tile configuration not saved etc...)

I sent you the crash report fils, as mentioned here: http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=12&TID=1894

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/06/2012 01:02:41

May be you can solve the visual feedback problem: Having a desktop tile spanning from top to bottom (or left to right) of a screen AND having AWM's Aero Snap substitution active, dragging a window onto a desktop tiles bar shows the "maximize into the desktop tile" preview pane (red, in my case). Dragging the window further against the screen's border kicks in Aero Snap and shows Aero Snaps "maximize to screen area" pane (blue, in my case, which overlays the red pane, resulting in a violett area. Dragging the window away from the Aero Snap border again kicks in the "maximize into the desktop tile" preview pane, overlaying the already overlayed pane...

May be these preview panes can be made "mutual exclusive", so either the "maximize into the desktop tile" preview pane OR the "Aero Snap" preview pane is visible?
- The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it.

- Could you send me ( support@actualtools.com ) a screenshot of the problem? What OS are you running (version, x32 or x64)?

Another bug, mentioned already in another thread: entering the desktop tile edit mode had AWM v7ß2 crash (popup saying so, without the AWM process being killed though, i.e. AWM stays functional, but behave correctly - for example edit buttons not visible on every screen, Tile configuration not saved etc...)

I sent you the crash report fils, as mentioned here: http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read...2&TID=1894
- What steps should I do to reproduce this problem?

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/06/2012 03:02:11

Well, I just hit "edit tiles", then it crashed...

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/08/2012 03:28:50

Hello TabSel,

Could you send me (support@actualtools.com) the DesktopDividerSettings.ini file from the %appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager\ directory?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register