Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Taskbar on second monitor doesn't unhide » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6935

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 03/25/2011 16:50:25

I'm running the current beta on XP SP3 on a system with two monitors. I have AWM set up so that both monitors have a taskbar and both taskbars are set to autohide. Most of the apps I use on the second monitor are set to large windows that fill the entire screen, but they're not maximized -- they're windows that are sized to fill the screen or even go slightly past the edges of the screen.

The taskbar on the secondary monitor does not unhide most of the time unless I first click the Send to bottom title button. Even then, it's hard to do something like arrange the task-button order or tray-icon order, because the taskbar tends to hide if you happen to move the mouse cursor out of the taskbar area for just a fraction of a second. Normally, this wouldn't matter, because the taskbar would immediately return when the cursor is returned to the top of the screen, but with the autohide not working properly, you have to click the Send to bottom button again and start over.

This behavior does not occur 100% of the time, but it does occur most of the time, probably around 90% of the time. I can't say whether this happens with all apps, but it does happen with all the apps I run on this monitor. None of these apps are set to be always-on-top either in AWM or anywhere else.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/28/2011 00:20:34

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the post.

I can reproduce the problem only with the "Stay always-on-top" option turned on.

What application does this problem occur with?

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 03/28/2011 01:14:34

Hi Vasiliy,

I see it most often with Process Lasso (www.bitsum.com). With this app, it happens almost always. I also see it frequently, but not quite as often, with Avant Browser (www.avantforce.com). Those are about the only apps I run with windows that are sized to occupy the entire monitor.

I have checked carefully, and the rules for both these apps have Stay always-on-top set to Never, and I never set them to always-on-top manually.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/28/2011 01:55:40

Hello Mike,

I have installed these applications.

And I still can't reproduce it.

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

What Avast add-ons have you installed?

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 03/28/2011 17:27:22

Hi Vasiliy,

I assume you mean Avant, not Avast. The only add-ons I have installed and enabled are several that are parts of RoboForm, Windows Live ID Sign-on, and Java Plug-in.

I'll send the configuration file in a little while.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/29/2011 21:02:35

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the message.

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 04/07/2011 23:12:42

Hi Vasiliy,

The release notes for beta 2 include the following:

[-] Secondary taskbar sometimes did not pop up on top when switching from
   a full-screen window to a regular one.

Is this supposed to be the fix for the problem I reported in this thread? If so, it didn't fix it on my system.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/08/2011 00:49:04

Hello Mike,

The bug appears to be fixed in the just released update. Please, try to re-download and re-install the product and check if the problem's gone.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please, inform me about your results.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register