Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Minimize to Screen Feature Enhancement , An Enhancement comes to mind for this feature » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4912

Robert Carpenter

Posted: 10/21/2009 07:02:59

I have an idea for how you can enhance the "Minimize to Screen" feature.

Currently when you use the minimize to screen it'll pretty much place it in the top-left corner or where ever you had initially dragged it to the first time.

When it is placed in the corner all the icons are stacked on top of one another and you really have no idea of how many or which ones and in what order.

If I may, I'd like to propose that perhaps you can incorporate a user preference that allows definition of where to put it and allows them to set an auto-align so that they are by default side-by-side without overlaps. Or perhaps even allow the user to institute a special transparent toolbar-like collection area that would allow the toolbar to be on top, auto-hidden, certain height/width, etc.

:)

Just a thought. Please let me know if anyone else thinks this may be helpful with a reply.

I appreciate your time.
DDjinn

What was is only the way it was because it was what it was when it was the way it was.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/22/2009 00:58:00

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your ideas.

We already have a same request. You have raised a priority of the feature.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Robert Carpenter

Posted: 10/22/2009 12:07:56

Thank You very much for your quick response on my request.  I have read the post you indicated and am please to see that I am not alone.  

If I may ask...  The prior request was made over a year and a few version changes ago.  :|

Keeping that in my consideration; I am hoping that by -
You have raised a priority of the feature.
- this would mean implementation in a version update later on, obviously. But is that going to be in the next rev or two or possibly multi-revisions later?

I ask only because I would truly like to see that feature and I know that, for myself, with more than three monitors it will absolutely reduce my time spent searching for where the one minimized item out of 13+ is at.

Thanks Again for your quick response & Your time on this. Your tool is absolutely the best in it's field and I'm happy to be involved.   8)

Cheers,
DDjinn

P.S. I am now using the recent Beta 1 release and so far it is very stable and I have found no issues as of yet.

What was is only the way it was because it was what it was when it was the way it was.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/23/2009 01:35:19

Thank you for your kind words about our software.

We'll try to include it to our next version (5.5).

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register