Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Keeping Window's Locked/Snapped/Combined Together » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 10240

Robert Carpenter

Posted: 04/22/2009 09:10:05

Hello All!  I'm a new Registered User, (Finally), and I have a question about the topic.  I'm wondering if I am missing something or if it possible to somehow finagle a rule to perform what I am looking for.

Essentially what I am wanting to do is to have two or more opened windows stick together whenever one of them is brought to the front or activated.  

So if I arrange Windows 1 and 2 to where they are snapped right next to one another and I click to another window they both stay with each other.  Then when I click either one of their taskbar buttons to bring them back they both show up together as they were when I originally arranged them.

I'm hoping it's possible somehow and I am just not smart enough yet on being able to do this.

Thanks In Advance!,
Rob

What was is only the way it was because it was what it was when it was the way it was.

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 04/22/2009 13:17:52

Hello, Robert

I am a registered user as well and I don't think what you are trying to achieve is possible with AWM. But what an excellent feature that would be. It would be great if the windows could also snap together so if one was moved the other moved with it.

Regards

G Booth

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/23/2009 07:00:39

Dear Robert,

Gerard is right. Our program hasn't such ability. But I added your wishes to our list of future features.

Thank you!

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Robert Carpenter

Posted: 04/24/2009 06:09:14

:D  :)  Awesome! I'm glad to be able to contribute to the future of this sweet program/tool!

It's sad to hear that it isn't yet available but at least someone agrees with my thought and now it's a request for the future.

Soooo, how long would it be on average for good suggestions to be incorporated?  This one must be a doozie because I have scoured the entire Internet for ANY program that does this and the only one I found is only for Linux Type OS'.  And it isn't even in development anymore and it wasn't completed.

You'll certainly have the market with that feature.

Well, Hopefully it's possible and can be done relatively soon, (12 mo. or so).

If I find a workaround, Because I am Still Trying, I will be certain to post it here.

Cheers,
Rob
8)  

What was is only the way it was because it was what it was when it was the way it was.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/24/2009 07:20:03

Dear Robert,

Could you describe what cases would you like to use this feature for?

The relevance of a problem is reducing the time of its implementation.

Robert Carpenter

Posted: 04/28/2009 07:31:58

Most certainly!  One scenario would be like I have right now...  I have 6 Windows Open that are all showing a specific file folder but not in Explorer view just folder view.  IF I were able to I would make it to where all those windows are inter-connected together so that if I click on one of the they all show/come to the front of all other open windows.  Also,  When I have 'x' amount of windows open I start using your feature that allows me to hide buttons on the taskbar.

Another reason/scenario is with Microsoft Outlook.  When i have it open I have the Inbox Window, the Calendar Window and the Taskpad wind open all at once and I lay them out side-by-side.  If I were able to I would have all three windows locked together so that I can click on one and have all three show together.  then I could also hide the taskbar buttons of the Calendar and Taskpad and only use the Inbox button to bring all three windows forward together.

There's many more examples that I am constantly looking wanting this feature for but I hope the two provided helps.

Thanks Tons!
Rob

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/30/2009 06:00:03

Thank you, Robert!

We will try to meet your needs.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list