Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Profiles in AWM: Looking for some options / functionality , Tweak of some functionality, more automation, more control » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 5201

Jim

Posted: 03/08/2011 20:18:35

Hi, I'm a long time registered user and beta tester of AWM, love your software! Looking for some specific options with Desktop Profiles.  Some of these things might already be possible and I'm just not seeing the options.  If any of these are Feature Requests, feel free to move this thread to the other subforum, thanks.  I'd be happy to test these features if they get added to a beta.

I currently only have ONE desktop profile, and I use it as a way to re-enable/realign my primary monitor which disables itself due to XP's automated HDMI trolling when I shut off my receiver it's connected to.

1.) I'd like it to automatically "Restore desktop icon order" when the Desktop Profile is applied.  This feature exists in manual form via right click of AWM's tray icon.  
2.) I have a hotkey mapped (F9) for Desktop Profiles.  However, it brings up a menu each time to pick the profile from the list.  Since I only have one profile - I would like it to just simply apply the profile when I hit the hotkey.  OR, have a way to assign a specific profile to a hotkey, either would be great.
3.) After applying the profile, Windows pops up with a "Video Settings - "Your desktop has been reconfigured. Do you want to keep these settings?" Y/N prompt, with a 15 second timer.  I'd like to disable this prompt.  My projector takes about 12 seconds to sync/display each time I apply the profile, leaving me only about 3 seconds to click YES.  I'd prefer it didn't ask at all.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/09/2011 03:44:21

Hello Jim,

Thank for the post.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

Jim

Posted: 03/09/2011 16:16:21

We'll consider your request.

Ok so it sounds like none of the three things are possible currently than.  Perhaps this should be moved to the Feature Requests forum so it doesn't get lost.  Thanks for the consideration, it would really help me out.  Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to implement since the base functionality is already there, they're just tweaks.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register