Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM interfering with screen capture software » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1425

JJ W

Posted: 11/11/2023 02:26:22

Hello,

I've been using AWM for years and I have a few bugs I want to ask about:

Bug #1
I just installed a screen recording software called ShareX. When recording, the program's overlay should be visible above ALL windows, but when AWM is turned on, the windows come to the front, obscuring the recording overlay.

Here's a video of the issue: Imgur Link
Is there a setting I'm missing to tinker with "bring to front" behavior of AWM?

Bug #2
Sometimes when I click a windows explorer folder window, it does not come to the front. I have to click the window in front of it, then click the folder window again, which will force it to the front. I just upgraded AWM and the problem persists. I have tabbed windows turned on in AWM.

Bug #3
when I try to detach a tab from the explorer window, I get this error:
User added an image

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/13/2023 14:38:09

When posting a bug report or requesting a help with any particular issue, please specify the following details:
  • name and version of the Actual Tools product that you have a problem with (e.g. Actual Multiple Monitors 8.15.0)

• version of your Windows (11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.)

• edition of your Windows (32-bit or 64-bit)

• name and version of the 3rd party program, in case you have a problem with some particular software (e.g. Mozilla Firefox 105.0.3 or Google Chrome 106.0.5249.119)

JJ W

Posted: 11/16/2023 03:33:18

Details:

Actual Window Manager 8.14.5

Windows 10 Home

64-bit

ShareX 15.0 website

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/16/2023 16:47:55

Hello, JJ W

Thank you for contacting us.

Is there a setting I'm missing to tinker with "bring to front" behavior of AWM
I was able to reproduce this behavior - it happens when the "Stay always-on-top" mode is enabled for the window. But this behavior happens not only with Actual Window Manager but also with other applications that have their own "Stay on top" mode.

Do you use the "Stay always-on-top" feature of AWM for the applications?

Sometimes when I click a windows explorer folder window, it does not come to the front
Is "Stay always-on-top" enabled for the tabbed explorer window and for the windows that overlap it?

when I try to detach a tab from the explorer window, I get this error:
Does the error appear every time you try to detach a tab or only sometimes?

Are you running any other explorer enhancement software besides AWM?

Could you send us a screenshot depicting the tabbed explorer window in your system.

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

JJ W

Posted: 11/22/2023 02:21:00

Do you use the "Stay always-on-top" feature of AWM for the applications?
No, it is turned off. It feels this behavior is just a glitch. To remedy it, I have to click another window, then the explorer window. Then it will come to the front. But it's annoying.

Is "Stay always-on-top" enabled for the tabbed explorer window and for the windows that overlap it?
No, it's off

Does the error appear every time you try to detach a tab or only sometimes?
Only sometimes. A restart of my PC will fix it.

Are you running any other explorer enhancement software besides AWM?
No. The only thing I can think of that would interfere is Dropbox or Google Drive. When it happens again, I'll experiment with turning off applications.

Could you send us a screenshot depicting the tabbed explorer window in your system.
User added an image

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build
Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3693)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/01/2023 12:03:08

JJ W,

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

but when AWM is turned on, the windows come to the front, obscuring the recording overlay.
Does this problem happen with all applications or with particular ones (Chrome and some other apps)?

Do you mean the problem with detaching a tab starts at some point and then the error message appears every time you detach a tab until you restart the PC? Does restarting AWM not help?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register