Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Enabling/Disabling Displays & Display Arrangement , Issues When Re-Enabling Displays » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3055

Jake Shemon

Posted: 04/24/2020 05:17:33

Hi All,
I am having some issues with Actual Multiple Monitor Manager...  Here is a quick overview of my setup...

- 3x HDMI-connected monitors
- Nvidia RTX 2060 Super
- An external 4x4 HDMI video matrix to route HDMI signal to monitors throughout the room

I need to be able to independently enable & disable my displays and have them arranged in a specific way.  I've saved desktop profiles that correctly disable the monitors, however when I activate a profile that I want to enable only 2 out of the 3 monitors, it enables all 3 instead, and it doesn't arrange them according to the desktop profile in AMMM.

Also, is there run CMD syntax to ONLY rearrange displays (without also sending the enable/disable/resolution/bitdepth/etc information that's typically included in a desktop profile)?  I want to be able to only send display arrangement information.

Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/25/2020 02:15:41

Hello, Jake

Thank you for contacting us.

Are the 3 monitors connected directly to the graphics card or they're connected to the HDMI video matrix?

it enables all 3 instead, and it doesn't arrange them according to the desktop profile in AMM
How exactly AMM arranges the monitors in this case? Could you send a screenshot of how they should be arranged and how they're actually arranged?

Are you able to see whether the problem happens without connected HDMI video matrix, with the monitors connected directly to the graphics card?

Could you send us AMM configuration files using the "Send to Tech Support" tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support) for the following three situations:

1) Make sure that all three monitors are connected the way you usually connect them and enabled in the display settings. Close the configuration module and open it again. Send the configuration.

2) Then apply the desktop profile that disables the monitors. Close the configuration module and open it again. Send the configuration.

3) Try to apply the profile that enables 2 out of the 3 monitors so that the described problem repeats. Close and open the configuration module and send the configuration again.

Change the "To..." address in the email to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic.

I want to be able to only send display arrangement information.
Could you clarify why you need to do this? What you want to accomplish by doing so?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register