Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «"Move the mouse pointer along with window" » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6030

Rem Siri

Posted: 11/27/2018 10:58:55

upon reboot (or some changes) all [startup] programs start in the primary monitor. would like to have these programs just start in the monitors they left off shutting down.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/27/2018 19:32:02

Hello, Rem

upon reboot (or some changes) all [startup] programs start in the primary monitor.
What do you mean by "some changes"?

What our product you're running (name, version)?

What OS you're running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

Please see whether the "Move to monitor at startup" action enabled in Default Settings of our product (configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Startup)? If it's enabled, what option does it have (Exactly specified, Having mouse pointer etc.)?

Best regards.

Rem Siri

Posted: 11/28/2018 01:57:23

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Rem

upon reboot (or some changes) all [startup] programs start in the primary monitor.
What do you mean by "some changes"?

What our product you're running (name, version)?

What OS you're running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

Please see whether the "Move to monitor at startup" action enabled in Default Settings of our product (configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Startup)? If it's enabled, what option does it have (Exactly specified, Having mouse pointer etc.)?

Best regards.
i'm running 8.13.2 (windows 7 64-bit)
by some changes i mean like say when a monitor is disconnected and connecting. upon reconnecting windows all go to the monitor with the mouse when that box is checked.
i run 10 monitors all with the same taskbar and it's very convenient having programs start up at the monitor i'm working on [with the mouse]. and like the computer resuming the programs and windows where they left off before shut down. i have many of them programmed in the start up folder.
i've now had to shut down the feature because it crams everything to one monitor.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/30/2018 15:45:29

Rem,

by some changes i mean like say when a monitor is disconnected and connecting. upon reconnecting windows all go to the monitor with the mouse when that box is checked.
Could you describe more detailed how exactly you connect the monitor? Is the computer in sleep mode when you connect it and then you wake the computer up or the computer just works in normal mode when you connect the monitor?

The Actual Tools product's settings should not be re-applied to open windows when you just change the monitors layout, so the windows shouldn't be moved to other monitors.

Could you make sure windows are not moved when you connect monitors and Actual Tools product is not started.

and like the computer resuming the programs and windows where they left off before shut down. i have many of them programmed in the start up folder.
If you open these programs mostly once for a Windows session and don't need to use the "Move to monitor at startup > Having mouse pointer" feature for them later during you work in the system, then you can create Specific Settings for these programs and disable the feature specially for them. In this section of Online User Manual you can find information about how to create specific settings.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register