New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 14 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[SOLVED] Minimising spurious command windows , How to target selectively based on command / title » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9635

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/27/2016 17:04:41

One more question: if you add the '/min' switch to the command (i.e. 'start "AWSManager" /min cmd.exe /C ...') - does the command prompt remain minimized or it stays open?

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 05/27/2016 18:00:23

If I add /min to the first example, the command prompt is minimised and the rule is still applied.

If I add it to the second example, it also stays minimised. However, without the /min option, I do notice something strange. It's very fast, but it really looks as if the first command prompt that opens closes and another is opened in its place. I wonder if this is because the npm.cmd script actually just called the node.exe executable? The final line of the npm.cmd script ends up looking like this:

"C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe" "C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js" start

and npm-cli.js has this line early on:

process.title = "npm"

So, that probably explains it. Grr. I guess there's nothing AWM can really do about that :(

Do you still need the logs in the other question?

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/27/2016 19:01:33

No, now the situation is clarified, thanks to your detailed response.

Did you try to comment/remove the 'process.title = "npm"' line? Probably, it's not necessary for correct working of node.exe, so removing this line may fix your problem.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 05/27/2016 19:58:32

Yes, I can probably make that change locally, but I will also post on the nodejs project about _why_ it's there. Or maybe there's a way to check if the title has already been specifically set by the user and not change it then.

Many thanks.

Messages 11 - 14 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register