Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM Desktop Slideshow Flicker/Focus Issue » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1888

Mike M

Posted: 04/06/2016 02:13:33

I am using AMM 8.7 on Windows 7 64.  When the desktop slideshow triggers a picture change, every open window will flicker.  It seems like it's setting the focus to the desktop for a fraction of a second before attempting to return the focus back to the original window (possibly cycling through each window until it finds the correct one?).

If you weren't doing anything at the time, then this flicker is hardly noticeable at all and I wouldn't consider this an issue.  However, if you were typing something during that flicker, there's a chance that the focus will be on a different window and the keystroke will register there (and that window ends up retaining the focus as well).

I will say that so far I've only noticed the focus shifting behavior while writing VBA in MS Access, and not in any other window.  It switches the focus away from the VBA editor to the main program window.  But only when I'm in the middle of typing - otherwise it'll bring the focus back to the VBA editor as expected.  I don't know if the issue only occurs while using a 2-window program, or if I just spend too much time editing VBA :( .  If it happens with any other window then I'll edit this post.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/06/2016 22:32:56

Hello, Mike

What video card do you have and what is the version of the video driver?

Please start AMM, enable the options called "Enable logging" and "Collect usage statistics" (Configuration module > Options > "General" section) and wait for background picture to change several times, so that the problem you're describing repeats several times.

Then send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please, add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Mike M

Posted: 04/08/2016 02:50:38

Video card: AMD (ATI) FirePro M4000
Driver Version: 9.10.0.0

I just updated to AMM 8.8 and the windows aren't flashing anymore.  The taskbar does, but not the windows.  There's no switching of the focus either (it was doing it up until I restarted for the update).  I have logging enabled for now.  I'll keep it on for a bit just in case it does it again so I can submit a ticket.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/13/2016 17:20:53

Mike,

Unfortunately, you haven't enabled the "Collect usage statistics" option (Configuration module > Options > "General" section) which is more important for us in this case. Could you enable it, and send us configuration files again if the problem repeats.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register