Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows often stick under the taskbars » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1941

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 02/12/2016 03:05:54

Windows often stick under the taskbars when taskbars are placed at the top of the desktop.
It often happens when starting a program. When it happens you aren't able to move the window because you can't grab the top of the windows.
Workarounds are:

1. resizing the window causes a rearrangement of the whole window so that it arranges correctly. But this is only possible for windows that can be resized.

2. when you can't resize the windows, you have to set up a new rule and change the position via rule. But its annoying to set up rules for all program windows and so many rules let the computer run slower and too many rules lead to lost of overview.

I guess its a bug which isn't only annoying for me and I guess you should solve the problem.

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2016 18:05:32

Hello, Nils

Does it happen with all windows or with only some particular windows?

Does it happen in the same system as the two problems you've reported in your previous messages?

Do you have any third-party taskbar enhancemets besides True Task Bar panel?

Best regards.

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 02/14/2016 01:00:27

Hello Bogdan,

I guess that it happens only with some particular windows, but I am not sure.
I will pay attention next times. For example, it happens when I open the Actual Windows Manager configuration window with left-click on the symbol in the tray menu.

Yes, its all the same system. It also happens on a new installed Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1)-system,
where only drivers, GDATA, AWM and True Launch Bar are installed. I have also changed mainboard and graphic cards without solving the issues.

No, only TrueLaunchBar (not True Task Bar - I dont know if it was a spelling mistake or if there is also a program called True Task Bar..)

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/15/2016 16:53:26

Nils,

Yes, i meant True Launch Bar.

Do you mean that windows appear not where they were before closing?

If you'll be able, give me the exact step-by-step description of how to reproduce the problem.

Name other application which have this problem besides Actual Window Manager configuration window.

Tell how often it happens.

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 02/21/2016 07:22:33

Dear Bogdan,

at the moment I don't use AWM but only Actual Window Guard in trial mode together with DisplayFusion (not as trial version). So, everything works fine except that DisplayFusion doesn't have the function to attach TrueLaunchBars on taskbars.

So, at the moment I can't reproduce the problem with my system.

But I asked your team some days ago via E-Mail because the most current version I am allowed to use with my AWM license doesn't work together with Windows 10 Pro EDU at all although it is said that this version supports Windows 10.

I thought that it would have been a hardware problem and I already changed all graphic cards, PSU, case and the mainboard and worked on it for about 30 hours (for rearrange cables, for deciding which new hardware I should/can use and to buy new hardware, modify PC, reinstalling Windows 10 and so on)

Then, I found out that the problem still exists.

Then, one time, there was a new AWM version and I installed to trial version and then it worked. So, it wasn't necessary to change hardware and so on. This experience was really annoying, but it isn't as hard as it sounds, because now, I have got a fresh system on a fresh PC with a new trendy look.

But anyway I don't want to spend further money for a new AWM license at the moment (cause of spent much time and money for hardware and also for buying display fusion license in the last days).
So, I await your answer to my E-Mail, before I (probably) reinstall AWM. If it would be possible to use AWM on my system, then I would reproduce the problem and write it here.

At the moment I can't tell you other applications where this also happens, because I can't test now.

But you are right, that these windows doesn't appear there where I closed them - but all my windows don't do this - unless I force them to do with a user-defined rule via AWM.
Should windows normally open at the same place, where I closed them under Windows 10 by default?

I attached a faked image to show you how it looks when a window disappears and when it isn't available. I mean - when this happens, I can't grap the title bar in order to move the window, because it fits under the taskbar...

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/10/2016 12:21:39

Hello, Nils

Sorry for the delay.

Should windows normally open at the same place, where I closed them under Windows 10 by default?
Position is restored for the most windows i've seen in Windows 10. There were some problems with Windows explorer but it has been fixed in the november update.

What exactly version and build of Windows are you running? You can see it here: Win+R, then type winver and press OK.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register