Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] AMM - Auto Updating After Installation & Then Not Accepting » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2837

Ory Zaidenvorm

Posted: 10/07/2015 06:41:04

Hi There,

I have a license for AMM up to version 8.0.3. I have the setup file saved in my Dropbox and always use it when moving machines at work etc. This time however upon installing 8.0.3 it auto updated to 8.5.3 with no option to cancel or abort. After the update to 8.5.3 it actually looked like it accepted my registration (said "registered") so I thought maybe it was a free upgrade to fix some bad defect or something...
However after restarting the computer it comes up with the trial message. When trying to enter the activation code again it says that I can't activate and to either pay for the new version or downgrade. I uninstalled 8.5.3 and run the installation for 8.0.3 again, but when it starts it still shows the version as 8.5.3...

Help please? How do I get my existing license to work?

Cheers

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/14/2015 02:29:08

Ory,

As we warned upon the release of the version 8.0, both the Licensing Policy and the Upgrade Policy had been changed then. Also, please check out this FAQ.

According to the new Upgrade Policy, your Free Updates Subscription has expired on October 1, 2014 so that you are allowed to install and register any versions released before that day (the most recent is 8.2).

To make a correct rollback, please read this topic (there was a bug with downgrading in the versions prior to 8.2).

Ory Zaidenvorm

Posted: 10/14/2015 06:29:58

Thanks Alex, that seemed to do the trick.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register