Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Game vs Everything , User Error IMO » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2579

Joseph Deusex

Posted: 08/22/2015 02:19:49

I originally purchased because I wanted a dual monitor setup with total independent and fully functional desktops so I could game on the one of my choosing whilst multitasking

on the other,

however I have a freshly build enthusiast system and in order to take advantage of my video card and my 144Mz refresh rate monitors I have to game in full screen which kind of

defeated the purpose because I could not move the cursor to my secondary screen, Which I have since remedied by adding a new rule and ticking an Ignore box and that sort of

solved the problem but not completely because I'm getting other problems for instance...

1. When I assign windows and applications to open up on the secondary monitor they don't always do so they often times open behind my game which then forces me to go into the

game settings and un tick the full screen box sort the problem then put everything back.

2. Sometimes the windows and applications I have open on the secondary monitor sort of take on a "Greyed Out" effect and effectively become part of my desktop back round

totally unresponsive...right clicking the icon on the task bar and selecting close does nothing, I have to go into my game and un tick the Full Screen box and only then will

the said applications close on the secondary monitor...

3. I would like to be able to assign where I want the game to run in Full Screen and not have it be disregarded... my thinking is if I can't have stuff always open where I'd

like, then I'll just make the opposite screen my main monitor and everything will open on that except the game...this way I don't have to worried about what will open where. I

could game on the secondary and do everything else on the main monitor, however it only works if I keep the game in windowed which again defeats the purpose once full screen

is ticked it automatically switches monitors... Nor does starting the game on the monitor of choice in full screen mode.

Any help you might provide would be welcome ...

OS = Windows 7 Professional (64bit)

Game = Everquest 2 build 12131L

Apps Being run are...

Internet Explorer - ver =  11.0.9600.17937

Ventrilo - ver = 3.0.8.0

Advanced Combat Tracker - ver = 3.2.0.250

Raid Hub - ver = 1.1.42.0

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2015 11:16:48

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for the post.

Please specify our product (name, version) you are running.

1. When I assign windows and applications to open up on the secondary monitor they don't always do so they often times open behind my game which then forces me to go into the

game settings and un tick the full screen box sort the problem then put everything back.
- Could you check whether you able to reproduce the issue with the same applications/windows without the game running or not?

2. Sometimes the windows and applications I have open on the secondary monitor sort of take on a "Greyed Out" effect and effectively become part of my desktop back round

totally unresponsive...right clicking the icon on the task bar and selecting close does nothing, I have to go into my game and un tick the Full Screen box and only then will

the said applications close on the secondary monitor...
- Please provide us a screenshot of the problem (a window with the "greyed out" effect). Is there a way to reproduce the issue (a step by step description would be great)?

3. I would like to be able to assign where I want the game to run in Full Screen and not have it be disregarded... my thinking is if I can't have stuff always open where I'd

like, then I'll just make the opposite screen my main monitor and everything will open on that except the game...this way I don't have to worried about what will open where. I

could game on the secondary and do everything else on the main monitor, however it only works if I keep the game in windowed which again defeats the purpose once full screen

is ticked it automatically switches monitors... Nor does starting the game on the monitor of choice in full screen mode.
- Most of fullscreen games can't be placed on a non-primary display. However, a part of games has a Fullscreen-Windowed mode. Please check whether Everquest 2 has the fullscreen-windowed mode or not.

Joseph Deusex

Posted: 08/24/2015 07:00:47

Apologies my mistake...

Actual Multiple Monitors  8.4

hi Vasiliy Thank you for taking the time to help me:)

Could you check whether you able to reproduce the issue with the same applications/windows without the game running or not?

I've checked and this "Problem" only seems to happen with the game running in full screen, I can't seem to get it to glitch in windowed...

- Please provide us a screenshot of the problem (a window with the "greyed out" effect). Is there a way to reproduce the issue (a step by step description would be great)?

I will attempt to reproduce the problem, However I will try to explain a bit more in detail and provide you with a proper screenshot.

1: I open some apps before I start the game..

Apps = Advanced Combat Tracker ver = 3.2.0.250
      IE 11
      Ventrilo ver = 3.0.8
      Raid Hub ver = 1.1.42  build = 1.1.5276.30861

2: I start the Game in full screen mode...

Game = Everquest 2  build = 12141L

3: whilst playing I mouse over to my second monitor click on any one of the things I've opened and whatever I've just clicked fades not unlike windows representation of hidden files or folders and become the equivalent of my desktop wallpaper visible but just a photo not responsive in any way,

All the rest(any other open apps) will follow suit if clicked.. I'm getting the impression that windows is saying "NO you have a full screen game open and that takes priority over all else". although TBH I think that since I've set the multi monitor mode to "Individual" I've not had this happen again perhaps it was because they were initiated from the the same taskbar and perhaps that's all that was needed. However I will report if it happens again.

- Most of fullscreen games can't be placed on a non-primary display. However, a part of games has a Fullscreen-Windowed mode. Please check whether Everquest 2 has the fullscreen-windowed mode or not.

Yes it does However... with this 144Hz refresh is not possible ...60Hz would be maximum.

Thank You

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/28/2015 18:03:22

Joseph,

All I could advise is to try to turn off the Windows Desktop Composition feature or switch your Windows visual theme to Basic or Classic.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register