Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «System windows do not remember size , Using AWM 8.4 and Windows 7 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2135

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/12/2015 23:40:42

I just noticed that system windows like the control panel and the network and sharing center do not remember their sizes when these have been changed using AWM (e.g. using Window Menu > Resize window or by right clicking the border of a window). After closing and opening they open at their original sizes they had before changing the size using AWM. When I change the size manually by dragging the border then the size is remembered.

This happens using AWM 8.4 and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. It also happens in a relatively fresh Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit VM with no changes in AWM's standard settings. Noteworthy is that it does not happen on Vista Ultimate (both 32 and 64-bit).

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/14/2015 14:28:32

Hello Pim,

Thanks for the post.

Many applications/windows don't remember their size and position after their closing.

You could try to add Specific Settings for such system windows and enable "Save position/size on exit" options (Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> Position/Size tabs).

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/27/2015 02:16:27

Hello Vasiliy,

Thank you for your response.

Many applications/windows don't remember their size and position after their closing.
If that were the case a window's size and position would also not be saved when I drag the border manually, or would it? That is the strange thing here: when done manually size and position are remembered, when using AWM not.

I would like to avoid the situation that I have to make separate specific rules for each system window. If there is another solution, I would prefer it.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/05/2015 18:15:25

Hello Pim,

Sorry, I didn't understand the problem.

Are you able to reproduce the problem? If yes, please send us your configuration files and provide a step by step description of how to reproduce it.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register