Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Issue with Window Setting when it has been Removed » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1898

Rick Workman

Posted: 03/02/2015 21:41:19

I created a new windows setting and set the position to appear on a specific monitor. The wrong window appeard on that monitor. I then removed the window setting and on the next run. it appeared that the window setting was still enabled as the wrong window was used.

To fix the issue, I created a new window setting and selected the main monitor in the position and then ran the program and lastly deleted the window setting. Everything is ok and back the way it was.

The program that I tried to change the monitor was for previewing full slide shows. I have contacted that vendor for support.

My question, when a window setting is removed, shouldn't that program act as no window setting was ever created or are all these previous settings being stored, even when they will not be used again?

Thanks,

AWM 8.3 beta 2
Win 7, SP1, x64

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/02/2015 22:50:44

Hello Rick,

Thanks for the post.

Deleted Specific Settings can't be applied to a window.
Most applications remember their windows positions on closing. I suppose that's why the application was opened on your secondary display.
You are able to check which Window Settings was applied to a window using the AWM's Log window (AWM's tray icon context menu -> Show log window; then check the "Enable logging" option and open the application you are writing about).

Best regards.

Rick Workman

Posted: 03/03/2015 07:46:10

Vasiliy,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm sure you're right, sometimes you miss the obvious, it's like not being able to see the forest for all the trees.  ;)

I will make a note of the logging info for future reference.

Thanks,

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register