Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Taskbar behaviour » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1926

Barry Higginbottom

Posted: 02/16/2015 22:00:02

Hello

I have recently returned to Actual Tools and installed the program on to a new Windows 7/64 bit machine. I have version 8.2.2 installed

My problem is that any program that I have pinned to the taskbar will not come back to the foreground after being minimized to the system tray, if I click on the task bar icon the icon turns yellow but nothing happens, however if I go to the system tray and click on the icon there then the program comes back to the front.

If I stop Actual Window Manager then all works as expected.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Regards
Barry

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/17/2015 10:42:08

Hello Barry,

Thanks for the post.

Please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support).
Does the problem occur with pinned to the multi-monitor taskbar applications only (does the problem occur on your system taskbar with Actual Window Manager loaded, does the problem occur with non-pinned applications)?
Could you also specify how exactly you are minimizing windows to the system tray?

Best regards.

Barry Higginbottom

Posted: 02/17/2015 15:56:40

Hi Vasiliy

I've sent you a copy of the configuration file.

It seems that the problem occurs with programs that I have set up to minimise to the system tray by a left click on the close button. Programs that minimise to the system tray normally (i.e. that don't require Actual Tools) seem to operate OK.

For example my email client is TheBat! which has two options, one to minimise to the system tray and one to minimise using the close button. If I exclude TheBat! from Actual Window manager and use the built in options of TheBat! it works correctly. If I disable the options in TheBat! and use Actual Window Manager to minimise to the system tray then clicking on the icon pinned in the taskbar has no effect.

I hope that you understand my explanation?

Thank you
Barry

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/17/2015 19:18:00

Hello Barry,

Are you able to reproduce the problem with standard applications (e.g. with Notepad)?
Could you provide screenshots of your whole desktop before clicking on the pinned icon and after (could you also mark the pinned icon by drawing a colored circle around it)?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register