Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Application Windows go blank periodically , Graphics chip reset? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2361

Scott Bonacker

Posted: 12/09/2014 00:07:41

Got ActualTools going now, and along with a displaylink hub from plugable I can now run two attached monitors from my laptop.

Really like the additional control features in this product compared to another tool that I used.

The only issue seems to be that the application windows on all three monitors go blank periodically.

Taskbars remain in place along with icons on primary screen desktop, but the windows for open applications either blank out or go fully transparent while leaving their outlines visible in place. Then things return to normal just a few seconds later.

Used to be I would suspect that the graphics chip self-correcting by resetting - wonder if something like that is going on now?

Thanks,

Scott

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/18/2014 15:33:51

Hello Scott,

Thanks for the post.

Could you specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit), our product (name, version) and applications (names, versions) you have noticed the problem with?

Does the problem persist with our product unloaded?

Are you able to provide me a small video of the problem?

Best regards.

Scott Bonacker

Posted: 05/20/2015 00:02:46

I think I figured out what is happening - has nothing to do with Actual Tools software, not much anyway.

I use an optical mouse on a formica surface that is mostly dark but has flecks of light color and black.

As I move the mouse, the position sensor gets confused by the contrast change and so the insertion point zips out to one of the corners of the display. Usually the top right of the rightmost screen.

Something about that process causes Actual Window Manager to blank out all windows - the desktop remains visible and outlines of the windows remain visible but the contents are either blank or transparent.

Knowing that, now I can a) use a different more consistent surface for the mouse when I am recording a webcast for example, or b) respond to the event by moving the insertion point to a better location.

Sorry for the length of time it took to come back - I couldn't figure out how to replicate the issue at will and instead stumbled across something in looking at mouse control problems.

Best,

Scott

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/20/2015 11:49:37

Scott,

Does it look like on the following screenshot?
User added an image

If yes, your mouse pointer is located over the Show desktop button (bottom right corner). And it's called Aero Peek.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register