Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Task Switcher Loses Chrome From the List (AWM 8.2.2) , Alt+Tab seems to forget chrome is open » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2646

macman104

Posted: 11/07/2014 01:49:57

Shortly after opening google chrome, and doing various tasks (minimizing, maximizing, alt+tab switching around), it seems that my alt+tab switcher doesn't realize that chrome is open anymore.  I haven't yet figured out exact steps to cause it to happen, but it happens shortly after opening a chrome window.

The problem is immediately resolved if I turn off the "replace system task switcher"

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 11/07/2014 12:27:46

Probably need to turn on logging and send to support or post the EventLog.ini file to determine the cause. It's possible but not certain that its window is falling into AWM's built in system exclusions for some reason like a class name change.

Are you able to perform mouse actions (like right click on maximize button causes it to minimize, just to test) on the window after it disappears from the AWM task switcher? If not, that would correlate symptoms to that cause.

Version of Chrome would also be important to include to have any chance of replicating, since this would be a more widespread issue if it was every version.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/07/2014 20:05:55

Thank you for your posts, Gentlemen!

Macman104: In addition to aph's questions and recommendations, please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support). We'll try to reproduce the issue.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

macman104

Posted: 11/12/2014 05:57:44

I have just emailed the configuration zip, which appears to also contain the eventlog.ini file.

I apologize, I forgot to email it as soon as the issue appeared, so there is likely quite a bit of extra logging data in the file.  If it is too difficult to look through, I can do it again and stop the logging as soon as the problem appears.

As for the question, I can indeed perform those actions (for example right click on minimize).  I can perform hotkey actions, like stay on top, as well.

Chrome version is: 38.0.2125.111 m

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/13/2014 16:24:51

Thank you for sending your configuration files, Macman104!

Unfortunately, I haven't managed to reproduce the issue. Please try to detect the exact sequence of steps you have to take to reproduce that problem. Also please try to alternately deactivate Chrome extensions, anti-virus and firewall software, taskbar and task switcher extensions and other programs that might affect task switcher's behavior. Hopefully you will manage to trace the cause of the problem.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register