Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window Snapping , It ain't snapping » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2404

Brandon Cardoza

Posted: 10/17/2014 21:35:19

I have the AWM 8.2 (Final version I believe) and no matter what my hot key settings are I cannot snap my windows to the left or right half of the screen. My other hotkeys function fine it is just these specific two (of which I use the most).

Tried restarting and had it working once but after shutting the computer down I am back to the same point. Restarting no longer corrects the problem.

Any help would be great.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/20/2014 18:13:18

Dear Brandon,

thank you for your post.

Please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) with a reference to this thread.

Thank you!

support@actualtools.com

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/22/2014 11:19:44

Dear Brandon,

thank you for sending us your configuration files.

You haven't specified your OS version, so I have to guess. I assume it's 7 or newer. If so, to use Snap to left/right half hotkeys you have to mark the Disable the native Windows 7 Snap checkbox at Actual Window Manager -> Options -> Window Snapping.

User added an image

Please note that in 8.2 version this option might cause problems with moving/resizing some windows manually, so you might want to keep it unmarked. This problem has been fixed, and the fix will be available in the next update. Until that moment you can use native Windows snapping hotkeys - Win+Left and Win+Right as a workaround.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register