Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Multiple Monitors doesn't use the default AltTab.dll » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3565

Dirk Durka

Posted: 09/15/2014 09:59:22

I've got a replacement AltTab.dll running on my computer (http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163665-clean-alt-tab-for-win8-desktop-item-and-thumbnails-removed/) but Actual Multiple Monitors apparently comes with its own clone of the Windows version, and takes precedence over the one in C:/Windows/system32. I'd like to get my version of it running on both screens. Any ideas?

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/17/2014 16:52:48

Dear Dirk,

thank you for your post!

You just have to untick the checkbox highlighted on the screenshot.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Dirk Durka

Posted: 09/18/2014 12:59:35

Is that option only in the paid version? I don't see it on mine.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/18/2014 16:58:58

Which product are you using, Dirk, and what's its version?

This option is available in Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors since 8.2 beta 1 version.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Dirk Durka

Posted: 09/20/2014 06:58:19

Actual Multiple Monitors. I can't seem to find the version number anywhere right now, but the nag screen said 8.1.x. When I checked for updates it said I had the most recent version, but after allowing for beta versions it found a new one. Problem solved, thanks. (It might be useful to be able to find the version number more easily.) Any idea when the next stable version will be released?

Also, I haven't tried this yet, but will I be able to use the same license key I'm using at work on my home machine or will I have to buy it again?

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/20/2014 16:40:16

Dear Dirk,

Thank you for your reply!

Glad you've solved the problem.

We're expecting to release the stable version really soon: there's a first release candidate in work right now.

The current version of your Actual Multiple Monitors pops up in a tooltip when you place the mouse cursor over Actual Multiple Monitors tray icon.

As for using the same license code on several computers:

Beginning from the version 8.0, the Licensing Policy changes: now you must purchase as many copies of the program as many users will use the program simultaneously. There is no limit on the number of computers the program can be installed on and registered with the same registration code as long as the number of simultaneous users is less than or equal to the number of purchased copies.
What's New in Actual Multiple Monitors 8.0

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register