Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Pinned icons turned into blank sections » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2859

moredibell

Posted: 06/01/2014 21:00:33

So I finally set my extra monitor up for watching BluRay of GoT and decided I wanted a multi monitor program. I found Actual Multiple Monitors was recommended on a site I trust, so I installed it. It seemed awesome.

By default, I have IE, Firefox and Explorer pinned when AMM is not running, and after a bit of wrangling, I repinned them in AMM to the primary monitor's taskbar.

I have no pinned icons now, as two pinned icons became blank. There's no icon to click, but the space is being used. I googled, and found a suggestion concerning deleting the taskbar something from regedit, which had solved other pinning issues. It hasn't solved mine.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, running AMM 8.1.4. A bit at a loss, to be honest.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/03/2014 15:41:10

Dear Moredibell,

am I correct in understanding that you have Replace the primary Taskbar option enabled in Actual Multiple Monitors?

Can you specify after which events did the pinned icons become blank?

I suggest you to try to install Actual Multiple Monitors v8.2 beta 2 and check if the problem persists. If it does, please send us your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) with a reference to this thread for further investigation.

Thank you for your post!
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

moredibell

Posted: 06/03/2014 22:07:38

I do have Replace primary Taskbar option enabled.

I believe the events were that at first, I didn't realise the pinned status did not carry over. When I noticed, I pinned them, and then went about using the programs.

I'm not sure what happened then... I suddenly noticed the icons were standing further right than I wanted/expected as seen in the image I've uploaded, plus it appeared the icons they represented were considered to have become unpinned. The blank spaces could not be rightclicked to 'unpin' either.

The problem continues to persist in the beta. I will send the config files as directed.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/08/2014 18:16:54

Dear Dianna,

the issue has been confirmed. We are going to investigate it.

Meanwhile, you can restore defaults in your Actual Multiple Monitors to unpin the invisible items: download the configuration file (press Ctrl+S after following this link), go to Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Restore and select the downloaded archive.

We would be grateful if you could share with us your further experience with Actual Multiple Monitors 8.2 beta 2. If the problem with pinned items occurs again, please inform us shortly.

Thank you for your posts!
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register